Fairey Rotodyne 2.0 - Finished pics page 14

Started by zenrat, February 25, 2019, 11:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I used a very early (mould dates from 1969) Hasegawa GR-1/AV8-A.  These are only good for kit bashing, whiffing or parts donors.
I've previously used one to built the Harrier B non V/STOL version.
When I finally build the RAN FAA & RAAF Harriers I have planned I will be using a Hasegawa FRS Mk1 (from 1984 - somehow I have ended up with two of these) and an Airfix GR7A/GR9A (from 2014).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

The 'dyne has reached the point where most of the PSR is completed.  It's now the shape I want it to and needs a coat of primer to show up any flaws, dents, scrapes and holes.  Before I get to that stage though I need to fill around the edges of the glazing, polish it back and then mask it.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on March 23, 2019, 01:28:25 AM
While sanding I was contemplating Rotodyne 3.0.
Biggest difference will be no oval windows.  They are the one thing I have never liked on the 'dyne.

Picture windows like the Yak-24K VIP?  ;D

zenrat

Maybe Jon, maybe.

I spent sone time today polishing and then masking the windows on this.
Only to come to the conclusion that due to Airfix's ill fitting sink mark riddled glazing I am going to smooth over them with filler, paint them and make decals for the glazing.
Having made that decision I shot a coat of primer her the whole thing in order to see all the flaws.
That was slightly depressing...
:-\
I am not as far along with the PSR as I thought.
Oh well, plus ca change.
Fred

zenrat

A thought on the paintjob.
Fred

rickshaw

Ah, TAA, now that brings back memories...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

More PSR.  It's shaped and I am now at the stage of smoothing over all the little dings, dints, divots and dents.
Fred

zenrat

Another of those weekends where I had to work and then was forced to stay away from the bench drinking, eating and generally having a good time with Mrs z.
Terrible.
When we got back this arvo though I did manage to nip down, S the latest application of P and then give it a squirt of primer.
The fuselage is very close to being finished now.  Which means I should really be completing the wings and engines and looking at starting the rotors and tails.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 14, 2019, 04:55:33 AM

.......and looking at starting the rotors and tails.

In the PLURAL?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 14, 2019, 07:40:22 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 14, 2019, 04:55:33 AM

.......and looking at starting the rotors and tails.

In the PLURAL?  :o

Yep.  Even a stock 'dyne has four vertical tails - two on each side.  One above the horizontal tail and one below.

Note Fulham Power Station in the background.

Some sanding with fine wet & dry on the fuselage tonight followed by more primer.  I also dobbed some filler onto the nacelles and wings.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Yeah, OK.  :thumbsup:

But ROTORS in the plural too?  :o

And I think that's Battersea Power Station, isn't it?

[JMN mode off]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Yes, four rotor blades.  Each one of which I will colloquially refer to as a rotor.  Therefore four rotors. :mellow:

It's Fulham.  Battersea has the chimneys on the corners.
If you look up how many coal fired power stations there used to be in London it's not surprising the air used to be so bad.
Fulham Borough had it's own fleet of colliers running on the Thames bringing coal to the place.
Read all about it on Wikipedia.
Fred

NARSES2

If I could see the picture I'd arbitrate (used to go past Battersea twice a day, and still pass it a lot on the train) but there's just a yellow rectangle with Hellis.com in the middle  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 15, 2019, 06:22:34 AM
If I could see the picture I'd arbitrate (used to go past Battersea twice a day, and still pass it a lot on the train) but there's just a yellow rectangle with Hellis.com in the middle  :-\

Right click on the yellow box and select "Copy image location" (if you're using Firefox, I don't bother using IE as it's crap IMO).  Then open a fresh tab and in the navigation bar, right click and select "Paste and Go."  You'll see the picture.  Not sure why it's showing a yellow box except there might be something there preventing linking...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 15, 2019, 04:51:34 AM

Yes, four rotor blades.  Each one of which I will colloquially refer to as a rotor.  Therefore four rotors. :mellow:

Yeah, right........................  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit