Started by zenrat, February 25, 2019, 11:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on April 15, 2019, 04:51:34 AM

" ... it's not surprising the air used to be so bad."

Indeed, as this example demonstrates.

NARSES2

Having followed Rickshaw's suggestion I can confirm it's Fulham
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Paint on the fuselage today .  The white on the top side.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Leading Observer

Quote from: zenrat on April 15, 2019, 04:51:34 AM
Yes, four rotor blades.  Each one of which I will colloquially refer to as a rotor.  Therefore four rotors. :mellow:

It's Fulham.  Battersea has the chimneys on the corners.
If you look up how many coal fired power stations there used to be in London it's not surprising the air used to be so bad.
Fulham Borough had it's own fleet of colliers running on the Thames bringing coal to the place.
Read all about it on Wikipedia.

Battersea is of course linked that most famous of Whatifs "What if Pigs could fly" as illustrated on Pink Floyds Animals Album cover
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

zenrat

Disaster!

My paint has crazed.  It will need to be left alone for a while to fully gas out before being sanded.  I will then re-do it with acrylic rather than enamel.]
I have no idea why this has happened as I used the same combination of paints I have used many times before.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Caveman

Maybe it couldn't handle the awesomeness of a rotodyne underneath?
secretprojects forum migrant

NARSES2

I absolutely hate it when that happens, and as you say quite often there is no rhyme or reason behind it  :banghead:

I've almost given up using Humbrol spray varnish because it seems to happen quite often with it and it always seems worse because you are "nearly there" when it happens  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

It's not as bad as it could be.  It'll be fairly easy to sand because that's how I achieved its final shape and so there is no surface detail left anyway.
I think I put the paint on too heavily in my enthusiasm.
Fred

zenrat

Having been left overnight the crazing has settled down as the paint gases out and it a lot less disastrous looking.
It still has a very weird texture and unless I modify it's specs to include zimmerit I will still be sanding it and then recoating with acrylic white.
I've started work on the rotors.  I'm in two minds over whether to use the standard tip jets or replace them with something bigger.  Whatever happens they will incorporate parts from the Gundam thruster nozzles I ordered last night.
Fred

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on May 04, 2019, 11:01:19 PM
... unless I modify it's specs to include zimmerit ...

That was a laugh out loud moment. Thanks, Fred! :thumbsup: :laugh:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Caveman

I've started work on the rotors.  I'm in two minds over whether to use the standard tip jets or replace them with something bigger.

Maybe use something like a BERP tip? With a tip jet in it, it could be called a Forced Air Reaction Tip?  :mellow:

NARSES2

kerick

Quote from: Caveman on May 05, 2019, 04:37:22 AM
I've started work on the rotors.  I'm in two minds over whether to use the standard tip jets or replace them with something bigger.

Maybe use something like a BERP tip? With a tip jet in it, it could be called a Forced Air Reaction Tip?  :mellow:

Eat some spicy food and let nature decide!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitnut617

The ""rotodyne"" project I was going to start will be much bigger. Planning on using either a Transall or C-130 fuselage. For the rotor tips, I was thinking of doing something like a BERP shaped tip, but then have three or four very small jets sandwiched in between the top an bottom of the shape. Something like that proposed hypersonic aircraft's wing that the Brits came up with.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Caveman

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 05, 2019, 11:32:10 AM
Something like that proposed hypersonic aircraft's wing that the Brits came up with.

EE P10