Captain Canada

Great stuff. Looking so real now !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it done! :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Thanks guys.
Decalling is finished now (apart from doing something about the windows).
Rotodyne 2.0 WIP 09-09-2019 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Oh, Yeah! TAA, the friendly, friendly way! ;D

Had the opportunity to go into the cockpit of a TAA ...? ? ?... back when I was a micro-human (ca. 1970-ish) .............. Wanted to but I chickened out! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Oh YEAH!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That looks the BUSINESS!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Classic and classy! The decals really tie it all together! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 09, 2019, 03:41:39 AM

Had the opportunity to go into the cockpit of a TAA ...? ? ?... back when I was a micro-human (ca. 1970-ish) .............. Wanted to but I chickened out! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: scooter on July 11, 2019, 08:35:28 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 09, 2019, 03:41:39 AM

Five years ago I would have found that funny, scooter. :-\

Unfortunately, for the last four years, I've had to deal with real paedophiles every day (not mere child sex offenders) & have had the unpleasant experience of reading Police reports & victims statements. It kinda takes the humour out of that scene, I'm afraid. :(

Not your fault, just life throwing the reality in my face too frequently. Sorry!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

The Rotodyne is coming along VERY nicely.  I'm impressed.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TheChronicOne

That is looking great!!!!  I have to admit, when I saw that picture it looked like a submarine with a stubby cannon on the front...........

Re: Airplane.... funny coincidence, i just watched that about 3 days ago and saw those scenes...wow... that would never even remotely pass these days. Thing is, that sort of humor wasn't exactly off limits around that time period and I've seen it in other things as well.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 11, 2019, 03:32:15 PM
That is looking great!!!!  I have to admit, when I saw that picture it looked like a submarine with a stubby cannon on the front...........
Yeah, I see what you mean.  One day I'll whiff one of the AMT Yellow Submarine kits.

Womby - I don't know how you can do that and not be badly affected by it.  Kudos.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

I printed the new decals for the windows today.  These will go over the top of what is there.  I will cut each one individually from the sheet of clear decal paper so it will take some time to apply them.
However, once they are on I can clear the whole thing and then proceed with the canopy and the fiddly bits and then it will be completed.

Fred

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on July 13, 2019, 01:07:17 AM
I printed the new decals for the windows today.  These will go over the top of what is there.  I will cut each one individually from the sheet of clear decal paper so it will take some time to apply them.
However, once they are on I can clear the whole thing and then proceed with the canopy and the fiddly bits and then it will be completed.
To understand completely, I would need a little explanation: do "windows" mean "lateral windows" and does "canopy" mean "glazed nose"? :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Yes.

I am not happy with the transfers (decals) I made for the passenger windows in the sides of the fuselage.  I have made some more which I will put over the top of the ones on there.
By canopy I mean the glazed nose of the aircraft.  I have to paint the framing and then glue it on.
Fred

Tophe

:thumbsup: (thanks for the explanation)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]