Fairey Rotodyne 2.0 - Finished pics page 14

Started by zenrat, February 25, 2019, 11:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

TheChronicOne

While it's fresh on your mind, does this part look familiar to you? 

I think it dropped out of the Rotodyne kit I just purchased. The plastic matches but I didn't see this little part in the parts diagram. (not that it's not there, I could have missed it.... )
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 10, 2019, 10:42:32 AM

While it's fresh on your mind, does this part look familiar to you? 

Doesn't ring 'dyne bells with me at all. Perhaps it fell out of the FROG Lancaster instead?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Different colors! That FROG kit is a strange sort of dark blue-green plastic. It's actually quite lovely.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 10, 2019, 12:04:00 PM

Different colors! That FROG kit is a strange sort of dark blue-green plastic. It's actually quite lovely.  ;D

Yes, the late FROG kits were all that colour, and quite hard plastic too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Oh!! Like.... the type when you cut a piece with some nips and almost lose an eye!  ;D

IKEA parts, Scoot... you know, that could very well be the case. I'm with Kit, other than the color matching the piece doesn't look like anything that goes with the kit. SO... here's a theory.......   the former owner, having found a spare piece that was the same color, threw it in the kit and then through sheer dumb luck it happened to be the very part that fell out once I rec'd it. One hell of a stretch but could explain things and that little part could very well not belong to ANYTHING I have.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thanks for all the nice words folks.

Kit - no back story adjustment took place, I always intended her to have her bum in the air... ;)  Honest...

Brad C - It's not one of the parts I used and it's not one of the parts I just sorted into the parts boxes.  You could well be right about it being the result of a quick tidy up.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks, bud. I'll re-double my efforts.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

That's super mate  :thumbsup:

I was wondering about the front undercarriage  ;) ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

That is indeed one very impressive machine, with a well crafted backstory too!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Glenn Gilbertson

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 11, 2019, 06:06:57 AM
That's super mate  :thumbsup:

I was wondering about the front undercarriage  ;) ;D

Front isn't the problem as it's stock Airfix.  It's the back legs that I should really have cut down.  As it was I used smaller (Harrier) wheels.  If i'd had used the original Matchbox Warthog wheels then it would be even more tail high.
Fred