HP Hartlepool - Finished with Pictures !

Started by Modelling_Mushi, February 26, 2019, 08:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modelling_Mushi

Another where I think I lost the original post (its been so long now).

It's a HP Hampden conversion still in progress. Now with THIS one I do remember the backstory, but its written in crayon on the loo wall so it'll take time to transfer it across.

Some WIP photos. Hopefully it will not take 3 years to finish this one.

Ciao

Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Rick Lowe

Flying Boat Gunship with "BFG Attachment(tm)"?

Interesting...  :thumbsup: (Mods, we need a Popcorn Emoticon!)

Modelling_Mushi

10/10 Rick  :thumbsup:

I hope you like the backstory when it comes out ...
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

zenrat

Interesting.  My first thought upon opening the box was to make the fuselage even deeper so it was even more like a flying suitcase.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Modelling_Mushi on February 27, 2019, 12:25:47 AM
10/10 Rick  :thumbsup:

I hope you like the backstory when it comes out ...

Looking forward to it.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on February 27, 2019, 01:03:32 AM
make the fuselage even deeper so it was even more like a flying suitcase.

Double-decker? Sounds fun.  :thumbsup:

Doug K

A British Heinkel 115? Nice.

The Rat

Hartlepool, eh? Can you work one of its more famous residents into the story somehow?  ;D

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Leading Observer

Quote from: The Rat on February 27, 2019, 06:46:41 PM
Hartlepool, eh? Can you work one of its more famous residents into the story somehow?  ;D

That's the nose art sorted :thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

NARSES2

I vote for the monkey as far as the nose art goes  :angel:

Hartlepool Marina and National Maritime Museum is now one of my favourite spots in the country in my defence  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice. That's one of the only aeroplanes I've never built. I'd better correct that eh !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Riksbar

QuoteI vote for the monkey as far as the nose art goes  :angel: 

I trust that due to an incident when operating in the tropics involving the local wildlife that the projecting barrel was known as the monkey hanger? A nickname which became applied to the aircraft?

(Disclosure: erstwhile Darlington resident  https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-united/hartlepool-s-rivalry-with-darlington-is-not-lost-on-quakers-loan-man-ben-dudzinski-1-8282084/amp
"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Modelling_Mushi

Ok it's been a while what with getting the novel drafted and all that but, thanks to the lockdown, some progress. Oh and also the fact I think I'm less finicky now too which helps.

I thought what's better than one big gun? Of course, TWO big guns  :D . So, here she is with some war paint on and waiting some odds and sods, happy snaps from the mobile. Trying for a weathered appearance, back story later on.

Ciao

Scotaidh

Is the rear gun a pond gun?   <_<
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

JayBee

I think it is to counter the recoil of the front gun, otherwise the aircraft would stop in mid-air and fall out of the sky.  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..