F-4 (FVS) Concept

Started by tc2324, March 09, 2019, 10:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Gilbertson

Well worth the effort - a very good-looking result. The "Bunch with the Punch" would have been proud! :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

I like it. The wings still slightly forward even at full sweep seems to look better than slightly angled back from the line of the fixed portion.

*That made sense in my head, but now I come to re-read it...  :unsure:

PR19_Kit

Very good indeed, and wholly believable, in a different time/space continuum anyway.  :thumbsup:

A techie question though, why do VG Phantoms not need the anhedral tailplanes? I've seen 3-4 models of them and they all have flat tailplanes.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 17, 2019, 02:03:14 AM
why do VG Phantoms not need the anhedral tailplanes? I've seen 3-4 models of them and they all have flat tailplanes.

Another point of difference? Maybe there's a perceived problem with the wings striking them when swept? :unsure:

Dunno, but to have them anhedral would hark back to the original a/c better...

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I do like that  :thumbsup:

In certain theatre's it might well need some form of I.D. markings I would have thought as there's such a resemblance to a Mig 23 from some angle ? The return of D Day Stripes or BPF bands ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

That head on photo really gives it a Soviet look. Nice work all around!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Turned out great if you ask me!   
-Sprues McDuck-

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!