1:72 Boeing V-44 Quad Tilt Rotor

Started by jalles, March 10, 2019, 08:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

But this is WhiffWorld, so they're fine.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I'd missed this one, superlative work again! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

I've just noticed the low viz warning markings on the intakes in the big photo.
That always makes me laugh.
There must have been meetings where the OH&S guys (or the lawyers) argued with the Camo guys over just how low viz they had to be.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sykotik

Your work is always very inspiring and this is just awesome and very original  :wub: :wub: :wub:
I wish I had the know how to do 3D printing and the drawings that are needed to make it work. I shall enjoy watching this one for sure

sykotik

Any movement on this? It's such a cool project, I'd love to see more of it

McColm

Very impressive,  it's given me an idea for my next C-130 build.  :thumbsup:

jalles

Quote from: sykotik on September 25, 2019, 03:32:12 AM

Unfortunately not much movement. I've attached the cockpit section to the rest of the fuselage, getting everything looking good took a lot of PSR. I started detailing the main gear wells but that's about it. I'm thinking of sitting out the next group build to get this finished, so maybe in a month or so progress will resume.

Quote from: McColm on September 30, 2019, 04:14:59 AM

Man, don't leave me hanging. What's your idea? If it's a C-130 and VTOL related it sounds awesome!

McColm

Quote from: jalles on September 30, 2019, 07:19:57 PM
Quote from: sykotik on September 25, 2019, 03:32:12 AM

Unfortunately not much movement. I've attached the cockpit section to the rest of the fuselage, getting everything looking good took a lot of PSR. I started detailing the main gear wells but that's about it. I'm thinking of sitting out the next group build to get this finished, so maybe in a month or so progress will resume.

Man, don't leave me hanging. What's your idea? If it's a C-130 and VTOL related it sounds awesome!
The simplist example is to tilt the main wing, some kits allow the modeller to do this with a fixed rod connecting the wings together passing through the fuselage with a fifth engine added to the rear tail.
The second idea is to kitbash the V-22 Osprey or add V/STOL engines.
Then there's my idea of a Heliplane,  still having problems with the rotor blades. Why are they so flimsy that they brake off every time I move the rotor head? If only someone made these in resin  :banghead:

jalles

The simplist example is to tilt the main wing, some kits allow the modeller to do this with a fixed rod connecting the wings together passing through the fuselage with a fifth engine added to the rear tail.
The second idea is to kitbash the V-22 Osprey or add V/STOL engines.
Then there's my idea of a Heliplane,  still having problems with the rotor blades. Why are they so flimsy that they brake off every time I move the rotor head? If only someone made these in resin  :banghead:

All of those are outstanding ideas, although my personal favorite would be the tilt-wing. I've been wanting to do a tilt-wing for a while as well and just haven't got around to it.

kitnut617

Quote from: jalles on October 01, 2019, 01:13:17 PM

All of those are outstanding ideas, although my personal favorite would be the tilt-wing. I've been wanting to do a tilt-wing for a while as well and just haven't got around to it.

His "idea" of a heliplane is after he had seen a picture of the Groen Gyroplane in the C-130 thread, he even commented on it ---- 
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

McColm

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 01, 2019, 01:28:58 PM
Quote from: jalles on October 01, 2019, 01:13:17 PM

His "idea" of a heliplane is after he had seen a picture of the Groen Gyroplane in the C-130 thread, he even commented on it ----
I think that there's a picture of the Heliplane on my blog.

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

PR19_Kit

Did Lockheed pay Fairey for a Rotodyne licence for them?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Wasn't Lockheed Kit, Groen Bros had this plan to convert C-130's into a rotodyne.

If you go into the C-130 thread here, you'll find those pics that Scotaidh posted.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike