Inflight Display Stand Idea

Started by AeroplaneDriver, March 20, 2019, 11:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

So browsing around eBay a few weeks ago I found a guy in Israel selling turbine blades which he claims are from IDF F-15 PW F100.  No idea if that is actually where it came from, though it has a part number on it so I could find out probably.  Either way, it IS a jet engine turbine blade...

Anyhoo...I saw it and thought what a cool way to do an inflight display...what do you think?

Thinking this mounted on a nice wood base would be a nice stand.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Weaver

Hell yes - that's an excellent idea. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

That does look good, very 'aeronautical'.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

If it IS an IDF F-15 PW F100 blade, shouldn't you display a model of said aircraft on it? :unsure:

In which case it would go beyond "excellent" into "awesome". :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Army of One

I'd agree with Old Wombat......but even if you didn't it's still a fantastic idea.... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

AeroplaneDriver

So from what I can gather it is a compressor blade from an IDF F-15 PW F100 engine...I have ordered a few more along with a few RR Avon blades for RAF builds.  These things are dirt cheap...this one was $6 US!  You guys should check eBay if this sounds like a good stand.  I may have to build a RW IDF F-15 for the next ones arriving.  Considering the combat record of the IDF's F-15As, there has got to be a decent chance that the blade saw combat!!  Prettty cool.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Mossie

I remember a guy selling TSR.2 blades and was a regular at airshows.  Never picked any up as I couldn't think of a use for them, it's obvious now you mention it!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

As you say a nice polished wooden base and it will make an excellent stand - great spot  :thumbsup:

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 20, 2019, 11:40:57 PM
These things are dirt cheap...this one was $6 US! 

Scrap value has got to be near that I would have thought ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.