1/35 Special Forces figure with Minigun

Started by Ramba, March 28, 2019, 09:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Bandai E.F.G.F. M61A5 Main Battle Tank; saw one on Amazon(?) going for £105 today.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

$AU 101 from HLJ.  Less than half what Amazon want.

I saw one of these a few years ago.  Thought "I want one" but then forgot what it was or who made it.
Now added to my want list.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Ramba

Quote from: zenrat on April 04, 2019, 01:58:11 AM
Love that tank.  Got to get me one of them.
:thumbsup:

Not everyone has the same size head.  But having said that they do look a touch undersized.  And all the same.

Yes, not everyone has the same size head but they looked really small. In the photos they actually look better but seeing them in person they are pretty small.

I got that Bandai M61A5 on sale at Amazon over Christmas time. They had them for $60 each right around the last week of December. I cashed in my credit card rewards points and got Amazon gift card and used that to get the Bandai kit.

Ramba

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 04, 2019, 02:47:25 AM
Bandai E.F.G.F. M61A5 Main Battle Tank; saw one on Amazon(?) going for £105 today.

I got that Bandai M61A5 on sale at Amazon USA site over Christmas time. They had them for $60 each right around the last week of December. I cashed in my credit card rewards points and got an Amazon gift card and used that to get the Bandai kit.

Ramba

Quote from: zenrat on April 04, 2019, 03:18:30 AM
$AU 101 from HLJ.  Less than half what Amazon want.

I saw one of these a few years ago.  Thought "I want one" but then forgot what it was or who made it.
Now added to my want list.

I got that Bandai M61A5 on sale at Amazon USA over Christmas time. They had them for $60 each right around the last week of December. I cashed in my credit card rewards points and got an Amazon gift card and used that to get the Bandai kit.

Check Amazon regularly they might have another sale.

NARSES2

Quote from: Ramba on April 03, 2019, 04:19:05 PM

Very cool you have Foxes. Must be nice to see the babies too. We have Foxes too but rarely ever see them. Only seen them twice in the last four years.

Foxes are very common in London and you tend to see them dawn or dusk time, especially when the dustbin men are due to call and the bins are out  :rolleyes:

I have a small wood next door to my block of flats and last year one of the vixens would sit on the edge of it and let her cubs play in the sun. Me and a neighbour took a couple of cans out and just sat and watched them one evening. When I was working I saw one walking down St James early one morning in central London and it dived under the gate and popped into St Jame's Palace !

I have to keep reminding myself these figures are 1/35  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ramba

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 04, 2019, 06:13:35 AM
Quote from: Ramba on April 03, 2019, 04:19:05 PM

Very cool you have Foxes. Must be nice to see the babies too. We have Foxes too but rarely ever see them. Only seen them twice in the last four years.

Foxes are very common in London and you tend to see them dawn or dusk time, especially when the dustbin men are due to call and the bins are out  :rolleyes:

I have a small wood next door to my block of flats and last year one of the vixens would sit on the edge of it and let her cubs play in the sun. Me and a neighbour took a couple of cans out and just sat and watched them one evening. When I was working I saw one walking down St James early one morning in central London and it dived under the gate and popped into St Jame's Palace !

I have to keep reminding myself these figures are 1/35  :thumbsup:

Oh OK! Didn't realize you were from the UK. Great that you get to see them so often.

There was an area at the local beach where I used to go to and there were quite a few foxes that lived there. A couple of them had mange so the wildlife officials killed them and the remaining pack even though the others didn't have mange. The wildlife officials claimed if one had it, they all had it. Mange can be treated easily too but they didn't care. So, no more foxes at that local beach area.

Here are a couple of kits I photographed back in April of 2015. The den was at the edge of the parking lot and I took the photos from the car window so I didn't disturb the kits. There were actually three kits but the third one was very shy. I only got one photo of all three together but the third one was kind of blocked a bit by some branches.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ramba

Started practice painting the older BDU camo pattern. Mine is a bit splotchy. There should be smoother demarcation lines but I only have a 3/0 brush. It is too big to get smoother demarcation lines between colors. I definitely need a 4/0 or 5/0 brush. My colors are too bright too especially the sand. It should be more khaki but the khaki I have is actually too dark. I used khaki on the vest, pouches, gloves and boots. My brown is too dark too. It should be slightly lighter. My green is also too bright. Maybe after a flat coat it will dull the colors down a bit.

Here is the figure so far.

BDU camo, you can see the demarcation lines are smooth unlike mine. I will have to pick up some 4/0 and 5/0 brushes to try to clean up the edges.

Old Wombat

Don't know what paints you're using but the green of the actual camo looks close to Tamiya Olive Green (XF-58), the tan looks close to Tamiya Buff (XF-57) & the brown looks like a mix (approx. 1:1) of Tamiya NATO Brown (XF-68) & Flat Earth (XF-52).

To tone down or "fade" the colours I'd use a very thin mix of Tamiya Deck Tan (XF-55) misted over from an airbrush, if you have one.

Ramba

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 10, 2019, 09:41:39 AM
Don't know what paints you're using but the green of the actual camo looks close to Tamiya Olive Green (XF-58), the tan looks close to Tamiya Buff (XF-57) & the brown looks like a mix (approx. 1:1) of Tamiya NATO Brown (XF-68) & Flat Earth (XF-52).

To tone down or "fade" the colours I'd use a very thin mix of Tamiya Deck Tan (XF-55) misted over from an airbrush, if you have one.

For that figure I am using Vallejo Model Color acrylics. I am using those because they are odorless and can be used indoors with a paint brush. I just grabbed some colors I thought were close but as you see they aren't. I will have to look for some more appropriate Vallejo colors that match more closely.

I mostly have Model Master enamels which are very smelly and can't use them indoors and never had much luck brush painting them even thinned. I do have appropriate colors in this range though but just can't use them indoors especially with the thinner. Right now is a bad time for painting outdoors too as the pollen is very high here as I live in the middle of the woods.

I do have some Tamiya NATO green, brown and black acrylic but just like the Model Master enamels, I have had no luck brush painting Tamiya paints.

So far, the Vallejo works best for me with a brush and is odorless which is the most important thing for me as I have severe asthma and can't use Model Master paints indoors. Tamiya can be used indoors as well but I need to figure out how to get it to work with a brush. I will have to try those again to see if I can get the Tamiya to work with a brush.

Ramba

I fixed it. I used the appropriate MM enamels. Here is the redone BDU camo with the MM enamels. Well, the green and the tan are MM enamels. I left the brown as is. It just needs a flat coat now.

Old Wombat

I use Tamiya's X-20A Acrylic Thinner as required when brush painting, just mixing it by feel to the desired consistency, adding a little bit of water can slow the drying time. I use my brush cleaning water, which has a small amount of dish detergent in it, as I find that stops the Tamiya paint tendency to separate when using water as a thinning agent.

Ramba

Got the head/helmet painted and the skin tone on the arms. Needs some touch ups but the smallest brush I have is a 3/0. I need a little smaller with a finer tip like a 4/0 or 5/0 for some of the finer touch ups. Hoping to pick some up soon so I can finish it. The rifle needs painting as well. When I finish the touch ups and rifle then it will get a flat coat.

NARSES2