Started by NARSES2, April 01, 2019, 06:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TheChronicOne

Para-national GB:  Doesn't matter what you do... create anything... but it has to be affiliated with a nation that doesn't currently exist. Could be historic like the Roman Empire or a completely made up nation. 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: sandiego89 on April 21, 2019, 07:30:52 AM
...2020. Discovery of Antarctica 200th Anniversary.  Build something that could have operated in, near or over Antarctica.  Sea, air, land, ice.  Any time frame from 1820 to 2020.  Secret Nazi bases allowed, aliens not.     

Why is it always secret Nazi bases?  Why not a secret Japanese base?  Japan is much closer and could be supplied secretly under cover of whaling...

But I digress.

Camper van GB.  Convert anything into a camper van - car, ship, tank, aircraft.  I can already envisage a sky van with a pop-top and an awning...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2019, 07:40:49 PM

Camper van GB.  Convert anything into a camper van - car, ship, tank, aircraft.  I can already envisage a sky van with a pop-top and an awning...

Hehehehe, the mind BOGGLES!

Already I'm thinking of my 'melted' A Model Miles Aerovan with a sliding side door and an awning draped over one wing.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2019, 07:40:49 PM
Quote from: sandiego89 on April 21, 2019, 07:30:52 AM
...2020. Discovery of Antarctica 200th Anniversary.  Build something that could have operated in, near or over Antarctica.  Sea, air, land, ice.  Any time frame from 1820 to 2020.  Secret Nazi bases allowed, aliens not.     

Why is it always secret Nazi bases?  Why not a secret Japanese base?  Japan is much closer and could be supplied secretly under cover of whaling...

But I digress.

There was a real-life heli-camper conversion for the S-55 promoted in the 1960s(?). Sold seven at most...

https://stuckattheairport.com/2011/12/16/the-flying-winnebago/

Could see lots of alternatives/updates for that...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nick

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 23, 2019, 04:40:13 PM
Para-national GB:  Doesn't matter what you do... create anything... but it has to be affiliated with a nation that doesn't currently exist. Could be historic like the Roman Empire or a completely made up nation.

Royal Rutland Marines
The Grand Army of Sealand
Conch Republic Space Force
Nepalese Strategic Air Force
Micronesia Mining Engineer Corps

loupgarou

Quote from: Nick on April 24, 2019, 04:59:58 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 23, 2019, 04:40:13 PM

Royal Rutland Marines
The Grand Army of Sealand
Conch Republic Space Force
Nepalese Strategic Air Force
Micronesia Mining Engineer Corps

Marine imperiale du Luxembourg
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

On a similar theme....

Dutch Mountain Rescue Organisation.

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 24, 2019, 02:52:28 PM
On a similar theme....

Koninklijke Nederlandse bergreddingsorganisatie.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rheged

Of course you could play mind games with the uneducated: - The Namib Desert Lifeboat Organisation.   A desert  lifeboat service, obviously a joke but...........................

Being geographically literate individuals, you will all be aware that part of the Namib Desert  is the so called "Skeleton Coast"; the deserted and highly treacherous shoreline  that makes up Namibia's Atlantic border
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Weaver

Quote from: Rheged on April 25, 2019, 01:55:55 AM
Of course you could play mind games with the uneducated: - The Namib Desert Lifeboat Organisation.   A desert  lifeboat service, obviously a joke but...........................

Being geographically literate individuals, you will all be aware that part of the Namib Desert  is the so called "Skeleton Coast"; the deserted and highly treacherous shoreline that makes up Namibia's Atlantic border

On this principle, I once Googled "Nebraska Lighthouse" just to check that my silly idea really was silly, and I discovered that there actually are five...  :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Austria had (until 2006) an operational navy - with a few patrol ships for the Danube river!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on April 24, 2019, 03:22:08 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 24, 2019, 02:52:28 PM
On a similar theme....

Koninklijke Nederlandse bergreddingsorganisatie.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: Rheged on April 25, 2019, 01:55:55 AM

Being geographically literate individuals, you will all be aware that part of the Namib Desert  is the so called "Skeleton Coast"; the deserted and highly treacherous shoreline  that makes up Namibia's Atlantic border

Tell me about it! I went there for a day trip once (yes, really...) and it sure is a desolate place. Mind you, I didn't know where I'd been until a while later..........

Regards
Kit