Wanted - a couple of bombers

Started by dadlamassu, April 01, 2019, 10:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadlamassu

My darling SWMBO is a bit of a drama queen and is performing in a musical called "Blitz". https://stageagent.com/shows/musical/2461/blitz
As part of the publicity etc I have been volunteered to put out a display of my models representing, oddly enough, the Battle of Britain. I have the following either built and ready or started (mostly Airfix) that will be displayed in glass cases. Also I have only 3 months of rehearsal time to get this lot ready!
RAF Emergency Set
RAF Personnel
Luftwaffe Personnel
Spitfire Mk1
Hurricane Mk1
Defiant (the one my father flew in)
Gladiator
Bf109E
Ju88
The old Bf 110D
The old Ju87B
Lledo auxiliary fire engine
LLedo Battle of Britain commemoration set

So looking for
Heinkel He111 H (early versions H1 to H4 though an H6 would do)
Dornier Do17Z

Anyone got either of these bombers in their stash for disposal - happy to pay or trade? Just don't want to spend a fortune on this project.

It would be nice to include a Beaufighter MkII with Merlin engines as my father flew in one of those as they were introduced.

PR19_Kit

For sure I have a Do17Z somewhere, but it could be a FROG, old Monogram or someone else's, I'll look it out.

Are you in the UK?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dadlamassu

Many thanks and yes I am in the UK.  Any manufacturer will do.

Army of One

For a bit of different colour....have you considered the CR42 and the bomber type, unknown without googling, that the Italians apparently sent over n carried out a few raids...? Unfortunately I don't have any of the kits....but it may add an extra bit of interest....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on April 01, 2019, 06:01:10 PM
For a bit of different colour....have you considered the CR42 and the bomber type, unknown without googling, that the Italians apparently sent over n carried out a few raids...? Unfortunately I don't have any of the kits....but it may add an extra bit of interest....

The bombers were Fiat BR20's. Italeri (there's a surprise  ;D) do a kit
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

dadlamassu

I have a Revell CR42 in the stash and 2 built examples in North Africa colours... Good call. 

NARSES2

Quote from: dadlamassu on April 02, 2019, 02:40:15 PM

I have a Revell CR42 in the stash and 2 built examples in North Africa colours... Good call.

They would do. The Corpo Aereo Italiano aircraft were in then standard Italian AF camouflage, they weren't repainted.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dadlamassu

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 03, 2019, 06:19:14 AM
Quote from: dadlamassu on April 02, 2019, 02:40:15 PM

They would do. The Corpo Aereo Italiano aircraft were in then standard Italian AF camouflage, they weren't repainted.

Brilliant - that will confuse the punters!

zenrat

You should include an FW190 in a BoB scheme.  Just to see if the punters are paying attention.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 05, 2019, 12:57:45 AM

You should include an FW190 in a BoB scheme.  Just to see if the punters are paying attention.

;D ;D

But didn't they evaluate the early -0 prototypes during the tail end of the Battle?  ;)

Quotethe first 28 Fw 190A-0 service test examples were not delivered until November 1940.
From Wikipedia

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Or a Ta-152, if only because it has LONGER wings..........  ;D

Regards
Kit

dadlamassu

Gents, fascinating ideas - even though I am tempted to put one of the FW 190s in stash into BoB camouflage I think I will resist just in case somebody actually knows what it is and complains.  I am thinking of adding the Matchbox Walrus I found when looking for models.