Yet another RW car build!

Started by PR19_Kit, April 14, 2019, 03:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 01, 2019, 05:20:53 AM

I got some paint bleed under the bendy tape and I've had to clean it up with the 'cocktail stick and thinners' method. Perhaps I should have burnished it down harder?

That's been my experience as well. It really does need to be heavily burnished and I'm not sure even that will give you a perfect finish ??
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 02, 2019, 01:38:24 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 01, 2019, 05:20:53 AM

I got some paint bleed under the bendy tape and I've had to clean it up with the 'cocktail stick and thinners' method. Perhaps I should have burnished it down harder?

That's been my experience as well. It really does need to be heavily burnished and I'm not sure even that will give you a perfect finish ??

Hmmm, could be the coat of Klear over the edge of the tape before applying the colour maybe?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 02, 2019, 12:50:22 PM

Hmmm, could be the coat of Klear over the edge of the tape before applying the colour maybe?

I've done that with "normal" Tamiya tape on the odd occasion, you just have to be careful it doesn't leave a highly visible ridge. Hadn't thought of trying it with the bendy tape, might give it a go. Cheers Kit  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

LOTS more success with Fred Zenrat's idea of using a permanent marker and in conjunction with both sorts of Tamiya tape.  :thumbsup:

I did each edge of the windscreen in separate sessions, giving the marker ink time to dry off between sessions. The bendy tape worked a treat so long as I burnished it down REALLY well with a pointed wooden dowel.

Sadly my original attempt on the rear window would seem to be irrecoverable, and that, as well as few small parts lost to the Carpet Monster, caused me to buy another kit of the same car.....  :-\

No, I have NO idea what I'll do with the rest of the 2nd kit, but I doubt it will look much like the first one!  ;D

Oh yes, more of the dreaded engine plumbing got done tonight, and it's nearing the end of what's practical. Modern day cars have SO many wires and pipes it's not really practical to model them all, but I've done the larger ones.

So soon it'll be time to squidge the interior into the body shell, which I've done a few times before and it's not easy. It needs 1/24 scale shoe horns to get the ends into position, but you can tell when it's there as there's a loud CLICK and everything lines up.  ;D

['Squidge' is a technical car modelling term meaning to squash smaller bits into such a shape that they fit inside the larger part without breaking...............hopefully. Fred Zenrat will know just what I mean.  ;)]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

We-ell, if you snuck over to BtS right now, you could turn it into an aquacar/hydrocar for the Floaty GB I'm moderating right now. ;)

I really need some more entrants! :-\

When you just have the moderator entering builds it's a bit embarrassing! :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I know exactly what you mean Kit.
I also know the moment when you squidge just a bit too hard and instead of a click you get a crack.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2019, 09:59:41 PM

I also know the moment when you squidge just a bit too hard and instead of a click you get a crack.

Luckily I squidged just enough to get the inside inside the outside, if you see what I mean. And it didn't need any glue, not that I could have got any in there anyway, so it's just as well.

Windows are now in too, and the number plates are on and it just needs the wheels and a few more decals and it's done.  ;D

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

loupgarou

Verygood.
And which is the next family member that wants a kit of his/hers car?  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on June 10, 2019, 08:18:02 AM

Verygood.
And which is the next family member that wants a kit of his/hers car?  ;D

If there is one, they've had it! I want to get back to building Whiffs!

It's got wheels now..............

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Now the Mustang's done, and 9 days before the deadline.  ;D

All decals on, light lenses painted on the inside (what a pain THAT is!) final gloss coat added, and it's fitted into its case.

Now I can get back to some proper Whiffing. Do I finish off some of my umpteen unfinished projects or start something new?

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 17, 2019, 11:30:06 PM

Now the Mustang's done, and 9 days before the deadline.  ;D

Now I can get back to some proper Whiffing. Do I finish off some of my umpteen unfinished projects or start something new?

Both!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Looks good Kit.
:thumbsup:

Start some new ones.
:wacko:
Fred

NARSES2

scooter

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 09, 2019, 02:24:24 PM

Although, you should have had it up on scale cinder blocks in these shots. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng