Area 88 1/144 - A Game of Chicken (T-62 + Jeep)

Started by strobez, April 14, 2019, 04:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strobez

Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Nice start but I thought the resin barrel had so-o much more character than the metal one you replaced it with! :thumbsup: ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Steel Penguin

" a reporter always comes back for their camera"

going to look nice  :thumbsup:
I did wonder if you were going to do him catching the sword blade as well  :o
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

strobez

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 15, 2019, 10:26:18 AM
I did wonder if you were going to do him catching the sword blade as well  :o

Heh, that might be a bit difficult to do in 1/144...  but I will include the camera!
Thanks!

Greg

strobez

A bit of an update here... BTW, I would've included my obligatory novelty-sized Tamiya glue bottle, but it was too big to squeeze into frame.... :)

I dunno why, since they won't be visible, but I felt the need to add axels.

Cut and flipped down the windscreen... and yes, I drilled out the headlights...

Painted and started some work on the base.

If it all gets painted together, is that going to look like blowing sand? Let's hope so!

Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rick Lowe

strobez

No drive shaft... but how 'bout a 1/144 scale scratchbuilt photojournalist camera?

We're all done with this one...  so let's review...

First up, I was worried this wasn't going to work, but I was just hoping that once it all got painted it was going to look like blowing sand...

Anyway, while we wait for the glue and hairspray to dry... Hello... Rocky. ;)

He needed a bit of surgery to make it into the Jeep... but now he can have a seat.

This was much harder than it looks... it's really quite difficult to paint the cotton without it clumping up and/or blowing away.

Ok... I might have met my match... a 1/144 scale PE steering wheel... madness.  If you look REALLY carefully...

...you'll notice Rocky is basically holding a free floating steering wheel.  Of course that's the least of his problems at the moment. ;)

Ok. And now for the final shots.  And yes... that black dot next to the Jeep is indeed the 1/144 scale news camera. :D

Thanks!

Greg

Steel Penguin

looking good.  :thumbsup:
did Rocky ever turn up again? I only ever got a few issues of Area88 so don't know if the character showed again
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

strobez

He did indeed turn up. I've got his return slotted for another build.  After Kanzaki takes over Yamato Airlines and buys the cheapo MB-14 aircraft and then they have a major crash in Tokyo bay, Rocky turns up in a Bell 206 Jetranger to cover the crash site... and then saves a damsel in distress for good measure.  I've got plans for a major project to convert a 1/144 B-767 into the doomed Yamato Flight 31 (complete with fiery engines with smoke pouring out) as well as a side-bar project to have the news chopper covering the crash site if MiniWings ever releases the foretold 1/144 Jetranger. :)
Thanks!

Greg

Captain Canada

That is so cool ! What a neat build. Love the base !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

strobez

Thanks Cap'n!

In case anyone is interested, I updated my blog with the build.  You can skip past my personal musings and check out the manga pages that illustrate the story behind the build... http://strobez.ca/wp/index.php/2019/04/25/a-game-of-chicken-area-88/
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Fred