Fame at last!

Started by PR19_Kit, April 30, 2019, 12:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I've just got my IPMS Magazine this morning, and while thumbing through it prior to a proper read one pic jumped out at me.

On the pages reporting on the recent Cosford Show, THERE was my Hawker P.1086!

Sadly the photographer miss-identified it as a 'Supersonic Hunter', he obviously didn't talk to anyone on the stand about it so the Editor will be getting an email from me! In any case, how could anything with wings THAT long and slim be supersonic?

Also in the pic is just a glimpse of my Rotocrane too, so I'm pretty chuffed, first time in the Mag for many years.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

dumaniac

Dizzyfugu

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

I spotted that yesterday Kit  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

I wondered when you would spot the photo Kit.  :thumbsup:

He will be charging for autograths and the like at shows if this celebrity status carries on much longer.............................
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kerick

Did they at least credit you as the builder?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Maybe it was a misprint and he meant to write " super long-ish " lol still cool !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on April 30, 2019, 02:11:49 PM

Did they at least credit you as the builder?

No, it's all they could do to mention that it was a WhatIf model really.

There are some areas of the IPMS who wish we didn't actually exist I reckon..........:(

As for autographs, I do them for free in the model railway world anyway. One guy even wanted me to autograph the underside of his APT-E model, just below where I sat!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

When does your world tour start, Kit?   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Cobra

Congrats Kit :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now some of Those Folks Will Have to Understand You Can't Have Accurate Models WITHOUT What If's!Keep up the Superb Work & You may Want to Send a Copy of That Pic to the RAE and See What They Think! Dan

Weaver

Nice one Kit - I saw that in the mag too, but you beat me to posting about it.  :thumbsup:

You could always claim that this was a mod Boscombe Down were working on to prevent any more Hunter pilots from being able to fly though Tower Bridge... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

TheChronicOne

MOST glorious!! That's fanstastic. Here's the kicker, for me; I've never seen this model. I absolutely love it!
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit