2019/2020 GB Season Poll

Started by NARSES2, May 12, 2019, 06:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose up to 5 of the following subjects for the 2019/2020 G.B. Season

The anywhere but Europe and North America GB.
8 (22.9%)
Former members of the Warsaw Pact
3 (8.6%)
Singles twinned or twins singled.
14 (40%)
In the Navy
10 (28.6%)
Firsts
3 (8.6%)
Means of propulsion GB
4 (11.4%)
Out of retirement GB
13 (37.1%)
D-Day. 75th anniversary
4 (11.4%)
The Munich Agreement never happened
7 (20%)
The United Commonwealth of North America
5 (14.3%)
What if the jet engine hadn't been invented or hadn't worked
6 (17.1%)
Swords into ploughshares
7 (20%)
Red
4 (11.4%)
The James Bond GB
3 (8.6%)
Stop That Pigeon GB/Whacky Races GB
3 (8.6%)
Special Schemes GB.
4 (11.4%)
Armoured Vehicles GB.
7 (20%)
Simply the best GB
0 (0%)
Between the wars GB.  1919 to 1938
3 (8.6%)
Sports Team GB
5 (14.3%)
Doctors and Nurses GB
4 (11.4%)
Scaleorama GB
3 (8.6%)
The build anything as long as it can't fly, was never intended to fly and can't be made to fly.
2 (5.7%)
Parts Box GB.
4 (11.4%)
The Government's  Run Out of Money GB
7 (20%)
The No one Loves Monoplanes GB
2 (5.7%)
The Asymmetrically Perfect GB
2 (5.7%)
The Edsel Memorial GB
2 (5.7%)
The Leonardo Da Vinci GB
1 (2.9%)
Wet Stuff GB.
7 (20%)
Europe PPLS 1936-43
2 (5.7%)
The Earl(ier) Jets GB
7 (20%)
The Three's Company GB
1 (2.9%)
The Weapons GB
1 (2.9%)
2019: Soccer War 50th Anniversary
2 (5.7%)
2020. Discovery of Antarctica 200th Anniversary
2 (5.7%)
The Para-national GB
1 (2.9%)
Camper van GB
3 (8.6%)
Trikes and taildraggers:
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: May 26, 2019, 06:06:16 AM

NARSES2

Right it's that time of year again and here is the annual poll to decide what this season's three Group Builds will be. The season will start in July and finish in May 2020 with each G.B. having 3 months.

You all have 5 votes, you don't need to use them all, it's your choice. For more information on the subjects see here http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,46483.0.html

So here are the choices :-
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Many fascinating choices. I hope the non-winners will be kept for future consideration.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Old Wombat

Thanks, Chris! :thumbsup:

Voted. :lol:

A lot of good themes to chose from & made it a tad difficult for the last few. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on May 12, 2019, 06:25:28 AM
Many fascinating choices. I hope the non-winners will be kept for future consideration.

I used to hold them over, but that became a bit of an administrative nightmare if I'm honest and as a result of a member consultation last year it was decided that topics would have to be re-nominated each year.

However all you need to do is keep a note of the ones you like, if they don't win, and then submit them next year.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

1 week to go lads.

Third place is a bit tight.

kerick

Figure builders could have fun with the doctors and nurses GB......
Tough choices here.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

loupgarou

The poll ends soon, and only 25 votes!
What happens? Nobody else interested in the GB?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Well if you'd let me vote more often...

How about a PM to everyone registered - come and vote for the next years GBs or you'll send the boys round?  Or worse, let me choose  :wacko:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on May 23, 2019, 04:47:07 AM

I have to admit the number did surprise me, but that's democracy I suppose.

Weaver

Quote from: loupgarou on May 23, 2019, 04:47:07 AM

Don't know why, but this is the first time I've seen the poll. Admittedly I've not been around much of late...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

3rd place seems to be a 4-way tie, at the moment. :o

Nick

Could it be that there's too much choice?

Is it worth removing all those with 2 or fewer votes and holding a second round?

zenrat

There's a draw for first now, and only two with no votes (one of which, I am proud to say, was my idea).
29 have now voted and there is still a couple of days to go.  I think its all going to work itself out.

Have faith.  Chris will guide us...

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on May 24, 2019, 04:16:03 AM

Is it worth removing all those with 2 or fewer votes and holding a second round?

That or a few things similar have been suggested before Nick, but if I'm honest they simply involve a lot of extra work on my part. Plus you can start to get some odd results in the second round which upsets people who thought "their" idea had won the first.

I'm not sure what I'll do if we get a tie for any place and that means we have more then 3 "winners" ? I'll sort something out hopefully. If it's a tie for third then it's easy to have another quick Poll as we don't need a category for nine months or so. We shall see.

Old Wombat

Just looking at the results, if "In the Navy" & "Wet Stuff" were combined (yes, I know there's a difference but it's minor in the Great Scheme of Things) they'd be well in the lead. :unsure: