2019/2020 GB Season Poll

Started by NARSES2, May 12, 2019, 06:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose up to 5 of the following subjects for the 2019/2020 G.B. Season

The anywhere but Europe and North America GB.
8 (22.9%)
Former members of the Warsaw Pact
3 (8.6%)
Singles twinned or twins singled.
14 (40%)
In the Navy
10 (28.6%)
Firsts
3 (8.6%)
Means of propulsion GB
4 (11.4%)
Out of retirement GB
13 (37.1%)
D-Day. 75th anniversary
4 (11.4%)
The Munich Agreement never happened
7 (20%)
The United Commonwealth of North America
5 (14.3%)
What if the jet engine hadn't been invented or hadn't worked
6 (17.1%)
Swords into ploughshares
7 (20%)
Red
4 (11.4%)
The James Bond GB
3 (8.6%)
Stop That Pigeon GB/Whacky Races GB
3 (8.6%)
Special Schemes GB.
4 (11.4%)
Armoured Vehicles GB.
7 (20%)
Simply the best GB
0 (0%)
Between the wars GB.  1919 to 1938
3 (8.6%)
Sports Team GB
5 (14.3%)
Doctors and Nurses GB
4 (11.4%)
Scaleorama GB
3 (8.6%)
The build anything as long as it can't fly, was never intended to fly and can't be made to fly.
2 (5.7%)
Parts Box GB.
4 (11.4%)
The Government's  Run Out of Money GB
7 (20%)
The No one Loves Monoplanes GB
2 (5.7%)
The Asymmetrically Perfect GB
2 (5.7%)
The Edsel Memorial GB
2 (5.7%)
The Leonardo Da Vinci GB
1 (2.9%)
Wet Stuff GB.
7 (20%)
Europe PPLS 1936-43
2 (5.7%)
The Earl(ier) Jets GB
7 (20%)
The Three's Company GB
1 (2.9%)
The Weapons GB
1 (2.9%)
2019: Soccer War 50th Anniversary
2 (5.7%)
2020. Discovery of Antarctica 200th Anniversary
2 (5.7%)
The Para-national GB
1 (2.9%)
Camper van GB
3 (8.6%)
Trikes and taildraggers:
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: May 26, 2019, 06:06:16 AM

Old Wombat

Not that it matters but I just noticed that 5th place was a six-way tie! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 26, 2019, 02:00:34 PM
and after doing the Monterey (Seamaster)

And it received an awful lot of attention at MK  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Right gents we have a result  :thumbsup:

So here they are with their full descriptions

1) Singles twinned or twins singled. Take a single engine aircraft and give it multiple engines or reverse the process and make a multi engine one into a single engine aircraft. (Yes I know the title is "twinned" but it rolls of the tongue better than "multi engine singled".

2) Out of retirement GB". Bring a museum piece or retired type back into service. Type should be recognized as being out of major service, but also allowing for nearly retired types such as a target tug reverted back to front line service, types being used as technical demonstration examples being brought back into service etc

3) In the Navy (can be vehicles, boats, aircraft or figures as long as they are naval subjects)

Many thanks to all who voted.

The provisional 2019/2020 schedule is :-

The 1 Week GB - 8th to 16th June. I have a moderator for this, thanks Dave  :thumbsup:

Singles twinned or twins singled. 1st July to 30th September
Out of retirement GB. 1st November to 31st January 2020
In the Navy. 1st March 2020 to 31st May 2020

I need volunteers to be Moderators on all of these. So if you fancy a crack let me know.

Thanks again gents and keep your eyes open for the opening of the various boards.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I'm Moderating a GB over on BtS (Floaty) from 1 Jun to 31 Aug (so immediately assume 14 Sep).

After my 1st experience I'm not sure why I did that to myself , hence the questioning look the left side of my brain is giving the right side of my brain as I write;

"I'll give the 'In the Navy' GB a go ... But I'd really like a co-moderator if possible".
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Cheers mate, appreciated and accepted  ;D

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 27, 2019, 07:52:38 AM

"I'll give the 'In the Navy' GB a go ... But I'd really like a co-moderator if possible".

Totally understand. I am always around/available to help where needed and if we only have one "official" Moderator then I simply become more visable so no problems there.

loupgarou

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 27, 2019, 07:24:21 AM
Right gents we have a result  :thumbsup:

So here they are with their full descriptions

1) Singles twinned or twins singled. Take a single engine aircraft and give it multiple engines or reverse the process and make a multi engine one into a single engine aircraft. (Yes I know the title is "twinned" but it rolls of the tongue better than "multi engine singled".

Chris

A silly question I didn't think of asking before:
A multi-engined aircraft that become "multier"  ;D or less-multi can be included or not?
That is: a twin-engined one becoming a trimotor, or a 4-engined one converted in a twin?

AND: are non flying "items" allowed, like this real life example?

http://www.netpompiers.fr/index.php?id=89&id_un=89&titre=La+2+CV+des+sapeurs-pompiers+de+Cogolin+%28Var%29&rubrique_page=terrestres
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

crudebuteffective

I can help with moderation on the last two runs sorry can't do the July dates
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

zenrat

I'll Mod "In the Navy" with Guy if you like.  That way we can speed up the conspiracy communications and also the mods bribes will only need to be in one currency.

I too was going to suggest Twingles wasn't just limited to aircraft as I fancy building a twin engined car.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

rickshaw

I am available to moderate "Twins into Singles, Singles into Twins," if you like Chris.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on May 27, 2019, 10:36:30 AM

A silly question I didn't think of asking before:
A multi-engined aircraft that become "multier"  ;D or less-multi can be included or not?
That is: a twin-engined one becoming a trimotor, or a 4-engined one converted in a twin?

AND: are non flying "items" allowed, like this real life example?

Right. As far as I'm concerned then as long as you change the number of engines , and it is a visible change, then it's perfectly acceptable.

As for non flying "items" ? Then yes as long as it is a visible change then they are more then welcome in my view.

However, and as I always say the GB rules are very much in the hands of the Moderators.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 28, 2019, 04:25:35 AM
I'll Mod "In the Navy" with Guy if you like.  That way we can speed up the conspiracy communications and also the mods bribes will only need to be in one currency.

I too was going to suggest Twingles wasn't just limited to aircraft as I fancy building a twin engined car.

Right, thanks mate your offer to mod "In the Navy" is gratefully accepted  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: crudebuteffective on May 27, 2019, 12:43:34 PM
I can help with moderation on the last two runs sorry can't do the July dates

If you can help TomZ with "Out of Retirement" then that would be fantastic. Thank you  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on May 28, 2019, 05:45:55 AM
I am available to moderate "Twins into Singles, Singles into Twins," if you like Chris.   :thumbsup:

That's fantastic mate, many thanks  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Gentlemen your generosity knows no bounds  :thumbsup:. I simply need 1 volunteer for the "Singles twinned/twins singled" GB and then we have this seasons Moderators.

As I think we are going to be far more flexible with the first GB of the season and it is going to be a case of changing the number of visible engines we need to think of a new title for it ?

How about - "Multi to single or single to multi engines machines GB" ? or simply " Increase or decrease the engines GB" ?

Edit : Thought I'd better explain why I keep using the word "visible". If we don't then it would be possible to simply say that a second engines has been added to the aircraft (for instance) but as it's been added into the fuselage behind the existing one it's not visible and I'm fairly sure that was not what was thought of when the suggestion was made ? Anyway at the end of the day it's down to you the members  :thumbsup:

zenrat

I think we could allow extra engines to be added inside a fuselage as long as their presence was made obvious by some method such as exhaust pipes and inlets being added in the relevant place and/or the fuselage being lengthened and/or the cockpit being moved.  Or of course a scale engine is put in place with removable panels so we can see it.
For example, a twin engine Spitfire powered by a pair of Sabres connected in line could have the rear engine's exhausts over the wing, it's intakes in the roots and the cockpit moved right back to just in front of the empennage.

How about the Engines, More or Less GB?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..