2019 One Week Build - Discussion Thread

Started by NARSES2, May 29, 2019, 06:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Well there's plenty of excitement already but, playmates, chill.  1WGB19 doesn't start for another week.  Get prepped, get your starting blocks ready but don't jump the gun. And don't worry if a week's not long enough - it's the taking part, etc, - I've still not finished one from 2015 (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=40410.0)!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Well I miss next Sunday as I'm at the new Elstree show and that's part of the reason I'm building something straight from the box.

Last exams I took were the final parts of my FCII professional exams. Passed them and then quit the Insurance business after getting divorced and went to work for British Steel, so they came in really handy  :angel: Strangely some 10 odd years latter they did come in useful when a mate who had a small insurance brokerage (mainly vehicle) needed someone with professional qualifications when the government changed the law around brokerages. So for £25 a year I became his qualified director until he retired.  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I got out the tank kit today and offered some parts up to each other.  Fit of the upper hull to the lower is rather bad crap with some gaps big enough to need pieces of styrene sheet to bridge.  There are also three ejector pin marks on the outer face of each road wheel.
Nothing that can't be fixed or hidden with whiffery though.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Going to make a BD-5. Not sure what it will be.....  Being the size it is, my options are limited. Just so happens I'm working on a 1/144 Phantom and the kit decals are for a German one and they would fit... so... perhaps a German BD-5. 

I have so many other ideas for one, but, the transfers... it's difficult to find what I would want that would fit on the lil feller.
-Sprues McDuck-

kitbasher

Right then, the GB is open!!!
Looking forward to amazing builds, good luck everyone.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Sunday 2359:59.99 creeping ever closer, playmates.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on June 14, 2019, 11:29:13 PM
Sunday 2359:59.99 creeping ever closer, playmates.

You enjoy this, don't you ?  :wacko: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

12 hours and 12 minutes to go here.
Were I Dizz I would go and start a second build...
;D

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 15, 2019, 06:48:26 PM

12 hours and 12 minutes to go here.
Were I Dizz I would go and start a second build...
;D

Only one?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Clock is ticking down to the end of 1WGB19, but wow! Great builds so far,  :thumbsup: to all!

NARSES2

If anyone has an unfinished build that they would like moved to the relevant "current in build" section then let me know.

Chris