Luffwaffe A-4 Skyhawk

Started by Ed S, June 01, 2019, 06:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

What if the Luftwaffe decided to go with the A-4 Skyhawk instead of the G-91. Starting work today. Using the old Hawegawa A-4E/F kit.  Pictures later.
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

DON'T JUMP THE GUN, ED! :o

GB doesn't start until the 8th!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Ed S

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 01, 2019, 08:48:41 AM
DON'T JUMP THE GUN, ED! :o

GB doesn't start until the 8th!

DUH! Yep, it goes back in the box for a week. So far, I just got the fuselage and wings cut off the sprue.
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

kerick

I haven't built a Skyhawk in a while..... I have a couple of Fujimi kits in the stash, now if only I had those Bears or Cubs nail decals for markings.....
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Sounds a neat idea, looking forward to it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

SPINNERS did something like this some time ago (2012), apparently a re-labeled Kiwi Skyhawk(?):

And here's a Norm '90 alternative, a wild mix of Luftwaffe scheme and Marineflieger markings:

Ed S

This went together well. A little lacking in details, but considering that this kid was initially issued in the 70's it isn't bad.

Did a little putty on a couple seams. Time sand and clean it up.

Ed S

Been productive the last couple days. It's painted. Putting decals on this evening.

Here it is on the rack getting the starboard side decals installed.

And sitting upright for the decals to dry overnight.

kerick

I like your model and the rack! I need to look into building one of those. The Skyhawk and the rack.
Tophe the Wise

Ed S

Quote from: kerick on June 14, 2019, 06:47:35 PM
I like your model and the rack! I need to look into building one of those. The Skyhawk and the rack.

The rack was made of some scraps and leftovers in the shop. An afternoon with the scroll saw and drill press and voila.

Weaver

Looking good Ed - I like the rack too. :thumbsup:

p.s. You can make your pics smaller (800 pixels wide is a good size) by specifying the width in the image codes like this:

[img width=800]<picture link>[/img]

Works for height too. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

I like that rack as well  :thumbsup:

Probably beyond my woodworking abilities but my brother was a shipwright  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ed S