Beagle 306 Basset II AKA The Beagle Bungle Basset

Started by Bungle, June 04, 2019, 06:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Quote from: kitbasher on June 08, 2019, 02:23:12 AM
Not so whiffy after all?

oh b*gger... that's that idea gone to pot then.

Looks like the l-200 is going to be the new Basset !
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Bungle

Going slower than I thought. No time for explanations or 'the story so far'

Here's where I am at the moment.... clock is ticking

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Bungle

Ok is the nightmare over?  Am I finished?

Well technically no. Both kits fought me to the bitter end. Finished now only in the sense that I can't do anything else to them in the short time available. The Let L-200 the engine nacelles are different sizes to the engines fronts, the windows have square corners and the fuselage holes have rounded. The tail is from a dh Hornet (actually looks good on the Let. The DA-42 Dominator is actually not to bad a bit small for my fat fingers though.
I could not get the canopy to stick I've had to fill the gaps with Kristal Klear but more keep appearing.

Both are pictured poised on a paper towel as the undercarriage has not set enough to take the weight. So if this technically disqualifies me, so be it. Probably needs an overnight to set hard enough. Anyway here they are ...

The Basset Bungle Beagle 306 in RAF colours...

And the Luftwaffe Diamond Da-42 Dominator

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

That is a remarkably good pair.  I'm impressed. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Captain Canada

Nice work on both kits. I particularly like the Bungle. Can we get a pic of them together ? Maybe a NATO meeting  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?