Request for ideas, converting a P-61 to turbo prop power

Started by kerick, June 06, 2019, 07:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Any ideas how to convert a 1/48th P-61 to a turbo powered version? I'm thinking of a COIN aircraft during and after Vietnam period. I've been kicking this idea around for a long time ever since my friend gave me a 1/48th Monogram kit. I'm sure he's wondering if I'm ever going to build it. I just can't seem to get any traction on this idea and I'm hoping you guys can help.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Ditch the Revelogram kit.  I tried it and the fact that the never changed the mould from diorama-ing it makes it difficult.  On mine, (which I've never even really finished, it's buried somewhere in one of the GBs) I think I was going to integrate T-56s into the booms (using the Great Wall) kit.  IIRC, there may be resin conversions for the E model
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

The kit was a gift I would feel bad just chucking it. I've got the Monogram 1/48th B-17 and B-25 as gifts to do too. My biggest problem is display space after its finished. 1/48th bombers fill up the shelves really fast!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

perttime

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Love that kit. Find some balsam and wittle and sand it down. I'd love to see it. Lots of potential, this bird !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?