Hovercraft L.A.R.C. ZZ, Ausf.D - FINISHED

Started by CANSO, June 09, 2019, 04:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

kerick

Must have been fun cleaning up all that ink! Looks great!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

CANSO

Quote from: kerick on June 14, 2019, 06:19:38 PM
Must have been fun cleaning up all that ink! Looks great!
No, not all. When the pen is empty there is no ink left on it. If the pen has dried over the time, I put the part in Isopropyl for a night and on the next day the ink is gone. Haven't had many cases like this.
BTY here are the 2 laser cannons/blasters completed with their attachment joints and painted:

A few posts ago I mentioned that I will try to make a base for the model too. Of course the devil doesn't sleep and something pushed me yesterday to visit our local Charity store for a small treasure hunt. And of course I found a remote control for some game, which matches my futuristic build pretty well. Back home I painted it, attached the spoke (pylon) and even shaded a bit the structure. So at the moment my model is still unfinished and in pieces, but I do have a finished base! How amazing! ;D

And looking at all the finished models I can only hope that I'll finish before the end of the day tomorrow. :o
Cheers!

CANSO

Photos of the finished hovercraft (sans cannons and nozzles) before priming:
TOP VIEW

BOTTOM VIEW

That's it: no more greebles! :o

CANSO

And after the primer:
TOP VIEW

BOTTOM VIEW

RIGHT SIDE

Next time - with paint.

Old Wombat

Definitely has a Star Wars Naboo fighter vibe going on, only tougher. :thumbsup:

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

CANSO

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 16, 2019, 12:27:02 AM
Definitely has a Star Wars Naboo fighter vibe going on, only tougher. :thumbsup:
to be honest I was more influenced by one of the pod racers with enormous (hypertrophied) engines:

My son started a "Stingray fighter", based on the Naboo-fighter years ago, but never finished it. I gave him the idea for a "stinger" (same as mine) at that time:

So yes, they are from the same breed. ;)

Old Wombat

Kind of a cross between the two styles, then. ;) :thumbsup:

CANSO

O.K. guys, here it is:
The antigravity hovercraft L.A.R.C. ZZ, Ausf.D a.k.a. ZeeZee shown fully armed. Since this is a reconnaissance craft, the side and the chin cannons can be removed for better performance. The triple proton blaster (torpedoes) and the 2 smaller fuselage guns are fixed. Pilot is inside (where the 2 spherical radar-antennae are) and operates the craft based on sensors' information. A weapon-computer operates all guns, unless the pilot takes over. The "Jericho trumpet" in the middle is in fact the ultra-sensitive sight connected with the weaponry computer. There are hundreds of small details and facts, but I'll make a list one day and post it here.
The L.A.R.C was widely used during the 4-th and the 5-th Carsonian wars. This was the time when niobium (known also as "unobtanium" from the popular literature) became the main energy source and the 3S-engine was invented (3S= Sakurin-Sådersson-Sorayama, the inventors-trio at the Abidjan UT). The latter eventually have been used in all antigravs to provide lift. Propulsion engines similar to ancient rocket engines, but on niobium were used to move the crafts in all directions. Unfortunately Schauberger's Repulsine implosion effect could never be used for controlled lift and thrust simultaneously and the idea to use one single AG-engine for everything remains the biggest dream of all inventors... :banghead:
The model is in scale 1:72: Length (with stinger):10"; Width (with laser canons):7.5"; Height (with fins):3.5"
At least 168 single parts have been used. Some of the elements (like the triple blaster) are very complex and made of more than 10-12 parts. For those I estimated the number of parts. All bigger guns are removable (as in the "reality" described above). The 2 "speed brakes" (with the yellow serials) are movable as well.
Model was painted with a variety of acrylic (water based) paints, mostly Gunze and Tamiya.
It's 11:15 p.m. (23:15) local time on 16-th of June 2019.
It' was a great Father's day for me and my family (not only because of the model! ;D).
Some of the photos are shown in the thread for finished photos too.
TOP VIEW

BOTOM VIEW

FRONT VIEW

REAR VIEW

LEFT SIDE VIEW

RIGHT SIDE VIEW

Good night!
Yves

Old Wombat

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I don't understand it, but the modelling is MAGNIFICENT!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Reminds me of the A-10 JAWS scheme. And looks as bad a$$!

Michael Benolkin Photo
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise