Kellett XH-28

Started by 63cpe, June 10, 2019, 07:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Very good! I clap my hands so much it hurts... :-\ ;D :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

63cpe

Thanks Tophe!

Oh, by the way the project in the back is the Rockwell FAR-X still not finished for the flying machines of the unconventional means GB. All it need now is some painting. and final assembly.

David aka 63cpe

Scotaidh

Quote from: 63cpe on June 23, 2019, 08:05:12 AM
Thanks gentlemen,

and yes it's a lot of rotor for such a medium sized helicopter. I've put an H-19/S-55 next to it and even a Kaman Huskie ( the mach 2 one, haven't had the guts yet to build it..) still it is a lot of rotor. Hence it'll probably have a lot of liftpower. I wasn't actually planning on a flying crane, was actually thinking about rescue or utility roles.
In utility role I guess it could be able to lift 10 soldiers and three crew plus underslung cargo (a Jeep or Weapon Carrier perhaps?).

David aka 63cpe

SAR is a good mission for a craft with a lot of power.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

PR19_Kit

Quote from: 63cpe on June 23, 2019, 08:05:12 AM

.....even a Kaman Huskie ( the mach 2 one, haven't had the guts yet to build it..)

GOOD thinking, my thoughts about match yours exactly.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Update:

Finished the PSR-ing and fixed the rotors. YES the can turn and rotate correctly! Oh joy, oh joy!

IMG_20190707_190852548 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190707_190857083 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190707_190906385 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190707_190914680 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190707_190948049 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190707_190958310 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Next up is spraying the check finish (Gloss Black), maybe do some PSR (again) and rattlecan in Tamiya PS-12.

Enjoy your modelling!

David aka 63cpe

zenrat

Hmmmmmm, with those big engines and the overall caricaturesque design this is making me think of something one would see in a Despicable Me movie flying at speed with massive amounts of black smoke pouring from the exhausts.  I love it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I absolutely LOVE that! It's so bonkers it just HAD to be built, well done David.  :thumbsup: :wub: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Delightful! Weirdier than a Kamov.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

So cool, esp. with the gearbox inside.  :thumbsup:

comrade harps

Quote from: zenrat on July 13, 2019, 04:30:41 AM
Hmmmmmm, with those big engines and the overall caricaturesque design this is making me think of something one would see in a Despicable Me movie flying at speed with massive amounts of black smoke pouring from the exhausts.  I love it.

I was thinking of Mickey Mouse

And I'm reminded a lot of the Kamov Ka-26, too:

I like it a lot  :wub:
Whatever.

zenrat

I have to find some suitable gears so I can copy your design build something similar.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: comrade harps on July 13, 2019, 07:06:27 PM

And I'm reminded a lot of the Kamov Ka-26, too:

That reminds me of driving to Berlin in the mid-80s and having one of them do a low pass directly over me on the autobahn! That view in the pic is pretty well exactly what I could see too! Pretty scary.  :o

Regards
Kit