Blohm and Voss Ae 607

Started by NARSES2, June 10, 2019, 07:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Very cool. The little missiles look like parasite fighter in the first pic. Maybe this would be a good scale-o-rama candidate as well !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

That's one WEIRD looking aeroplane, but then it is a Blohm & Voss design of course.  :o

Why is the cockpit over on one side?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Caveman

To simplify the engine installation
secretprojects forum migrant

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Caveman on June 15, 2019, 01:22:28 PM

And how does it do that?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 15, 2019, 01:37:36 PM

And how does it do that?
I'd say it's more that they did it so as not to compromise the engine installation.  Nice straight intake run directly into the engine, then think about where the pilot goes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Ok, that makes sense, thanks.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 15, 2019, 06:20:02 PM

And how does it do that?
I'd say it's more that they did it so as not to compromise the engine installation.  Nice straight intake run directly into the engine, then think about where the pilot goes.

That's my thinking as well, but I can't honestly believe anyone would actually give the go ahead to build this ?

Anyway added a few aerials - paint brush bristles  ;) and that's it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

So here she is in all her glory, keeping up the fine traditions of Blohm and Voss the Ae 607

Probably her best side. Looks quite attractive from this point of view, although the assymetric nature of the cockpit caused a small problem when it came to lining the wing crosses up.

This shot shows her odd stance whilst as on the ground. Really odd undercarriage arrangement i.m.h.o.

From this angle she has a slight "bird of prey" look about her ?

So o.k. it was early morning and I hit the crop button a tad early, but I'm quite happy with the canopy in the end, although it was a p.i.a.

So from beneath you get a view of all 4 X-4's (I still can't see how they would have worked effectively in combat) and also the odd rear wheel assembly which retracts into a bay whose "roof" is the jet pipe ?

So in the end an interesting and satisfactory build. Would I build another ? Now I know that it really is a limited run kit of the old school and thus would be prepared for the work needed possibly. However I'd give her a full bubble canopy, tricycle undercarriage arrangement, ditch the canards, maybe using them to give her twin, canted tail fins ? Paint her black, stars and bars and then we'd have "Early Stealth in Korea 1952"

I'm now going back to my lovely AZ Me 109's.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Wow, that turned out great! Well done.

I imagine the pilot would have a hard time landing that thing with the strange gear and terrible visibility.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

What in intriguing device.  :o

VERY Blohm & Voss of course, and you did a great build job on it Chris.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on June 16, 2019, 06:51:18 AM

I imagine the pilot would have a hard time landing that thing with the strange gear and terrible visibility.

Absolutely and I can't even imagine him being able to side-slip in, although I'm no pilot.

I think a certain Capt Brown may well of been on a charge if asked to fly this thing ;)

Caveman

Quote from: zenrat on June 15, 2019, 06:20:02 PM

And how does it do that?

Heinkle considered slightly asymmetric configurations in order to accommodate jet engine installations:

secretprojects forum migrant

Weaver

Nice one Chris - looks good.  :thumbsup:

Having the jetpipe form the roof of an undercarriage bay isn't that unusual: you get the same thing on the Buccaneer.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Nice job on a weird design, Chris. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.