2019 1 Week GB - THE VOTE!

Started by kitbasher, June 18, 2019, 07:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

More great creations in a single week, but which is your favourite?  7 days to vote, 2 votes each (and the winner will be revealed when the poll closes).

TallEng's DH 88 Comet CC.1
9 (14.8%)
Gondor's Tornscala
4 (6.6%)
Dizzyfugu's Bunyip IIb
16 (26.2%)
sandiego89's Bearcat on floats
10 (16.4%)
TheChronicOne's Luftwaffe Bede BD-5
5 (8.2%)
zenrat's T-80 AEV PDRV Republican Guard
4 (6.6%)
NARSES2's B&V Ae 607
9 (14.8%)
TomZ's KLu Valkyrie
11 (18%)
Weaver's Alvis Stalwart Space 2099 Lunar Rover
21 (34.4%)
Bungle's Basset Beagle Bungle
3 (4.9%)
Bungle's Diamond Da-42 Dominator
0 (0%)
Tophe's BD-5 family drawings
1 (1.6%)
Ed S's Luftwaffe A-4 Skyhawk
4 (6.6%)
CANSO's Antigravity hovercraft L.A.R.C. ZZ a.k.a. ZeeZee
13 (21.3%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: June 25, 2019, 07:08:10 AM

Weaver

Nice turnout - well done folks.  :thumbsup:

There was one that HAD to be on my list (no, not mine  :rolleyes:), but picking the other one was tough.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TomZ on June 19, 2019, 05:03:06 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 19, 2019, 04:30:48 AM
Maybe we should consider compulsory voting with fines being issued for those who don't?

Anyone who doesn't vote is obliged to build a Unicraft kit?

TomZ

Tophe would love that, he's done 3-4 of them this year already!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

In my role as Moderator I can see all  :angel:

One of the things I try to do when setting these GB's up is to give our volunteer moderators as much freedom as possible when it comes to organising things, including how the vote is presented. I normally keep out of things and just act as the back-up/sounding board. I just don't feel it's right to put people on a tight leash, so if you'd like to see the votes on a GB perhaps you should volunteer ?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TomZ

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 19, 2019, 06:12:05 AM
Maybe we should consider compulsory voting with fines being issued for those who don't?
TomZ

I've also built quite a few. The subjects are fascinating but it takes a good supply of liquid courage to start one....

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

loupgarou

This fast pace is killing me.
Only 2 days after the regular GB vote, this one , AND ALREADY the rules for the next GB. It's stressful! I'll have to step up my heart medications.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on June 19, 2019, 11:13:50 AM

I'll have to step up my heart medications.

You can have some of mine, the doc took me off a chunk of them on Monday.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on June 19, 2019, 11:13:50 AM
This fast pace is killing me.
Only 2 days after the regular GB vote, this one , AND ALREADY the rules for the next GB. It's stressful! I'll have to step up my heart medications.

Yes my apologies about that.

I'm hoping to get back to a more sensible pace next year. Afraid I let it go a bit and wanted to get it back on track

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: TomZ on June 19, 2019, 07:18:31 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 19, 2019, 06:12:05 AM
TomZ

I've also built quite a few. The subjects are fascinating but it takes a good supply of liquid courage to start one....

TomZ

Yup I love Igor's subjects and if I'm in the right mood can actually enjoy the builds. The problem is that the mood doesn't strike that often

I'm told his masters are excellent ? Just wish he'd outsource the production run, or maybe the fact that you have to fight the thing all the way and the finishing line is an achievement in itself is part of his selling point ?

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitbasher

Tremendous support for the poll, thanks everyone.  Best 1 week GB vote turnout since 2015, and there's still time to vote.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Just about 24 hours to go to the end of the vote, everyone.  The poll response has been excellent so far, but there is still time to take part!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

9 hours left to vote, everyone.

Captain Canada

Toughest 1WGB vote ever ! Cheers guys.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

....and we're done!

Congratulations to all who participated, once again how you do it in a week is beyond me.  Well done Weaver, who came top of the leader board, and to Dizzy who helped force the pace! 

Commiserations to those who couldn't complete their builds by the deadline.  Stay with them and share pics if the finished products please.

Huge thanks to all who voted - your support is central to the success of any GB.

And finally thanks to you all for providing me with a modelling mojo kick in the pants!  The GB - especially the way the vote progressed - has got me fired up for the engines GB that starts in a week's time.

Regards,

Dave

PR19_Kit

The Lunar Rover joins the Track Rover in the list of Weaver's all time greats. Nice one H.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit