Drachinifel's Rum Ration - Battle of the Philippine Sea - Lee Sails West

Started by scooter, June 19, 2019, 05:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

Old Wombat

Having watched both episodes, it's a wonder Jellicoe didn't have Beatty & half his fleet's commanders put against a wall & shot! :blink:

Here was me thinking mass stupidity was a modern phenomenon! :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 07, 2020, 02:00:18 AM
Having watched both episodes, it's a wonder Jellicoe didn't have Beatty & half his fleet's commanders put against a wall & shot! :blink:

Here was me thinking mass stupidity was a modern phenomenon! :banghead:

Oh, no.  There are numerous examples from history to prove otherwise.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

The Battle of Jutland - Clash of the Titans - Part 3 (Aftermath, Outcome and Lessons)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odoN2kjINwc
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

He snuck that one in on me, I only checked his site a few hours ago! :o

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on August 12, 2020, 04:50:12 AM
The Battle of Jutland - Clash of the Titans - Part 3 (Aftermath, Outcome and Lessons)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odoN2kjINwc

Saw it pop up.  I'll be watching it later
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Aircraft Carriers - The Fleet Aircraft Carrier in the Interwar Years (1929-1939)

Wherein he also goes over the design differences, to some degree, regarding the British armored flightdeck versus the US unarmored flightdeck, and also discusses the earliest discussions of the Sea Control Ship.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

Cheers Scoot  :thumbsup:

I have quite an interest in the K.u.K for some reason. Maybe it's the standard British love of the underdog ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

The first in a multipart series looking at the Naval Campaign of Guadalcanal: 1st Savo Island (IJN 1 : 0 USN)
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Old Wombat

Poor bloody Canberra! Looked like she was the only ship in the Southern Force that had a clue what to do, initially, but was the focus of too many prepared guns.

Then the US admiral decides to sink the Australian taxpayers' ship, at the expense of a ridiculous amount of ordnance, & save a US taxpayers' ship, which promptly sinks. :banghead:

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx