Drachinifel's Rum Ration - Battle of the Philippine Sea - Lee Sails West

Started by scooter, June 19, 2019, 05:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

Old Wombat

Like all RAN (adult entry) ratings, I went through my basic training at HMAS Cerberus, the land-based namesake of HMVS/HMAS Cerberus, the "monitor".

Saw the old girl once, sitting on the sea bed slowly rusting away, many, many years ago.

I'd like to see Drach do a spot on HMCS/HMAS Protector.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

USS Hornet CV-8 & CV-12 - A Tale of Two Carriers

Done in cooperation with the USS Hornet Museum, in Alameda.  I was there once, after they had just opened but had really limited exhibits.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 22, 2021, 10:55:15 PM
Like all RAN (adult entry) ratings, I went through my basic training at HMAS Cerberus, the land-based namesake of HMVS/HMAS Cerberus, the "monitor".

Saw the old girl once, sitting on the sea bed slowly rusting away, many, many years ago.

A fine old ship and if I am not mistaken, the first Australian ship to serve operationally during the Boxer Rebellion in China at the turn of the 20th century.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 22, 2021, 10:55:15 PM

She's still there.  If you look up "Half Moon Bay, Black Rock Victoria" on Google Earth you can see her.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMVS_Cerberus#Decommissioning_and_fate

Australia Post issued a stamp commemorating 150 years in March this year.
https://australiapostcollectables.com.au/stamp-issues/hmvs-cerberus-150-years
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

I can remember a trip to Portsmouth with my dad in the late 50's/early 60's and him explaining to me why a lot of the RN ships tied up were covered in "silver foil". Long gone now.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.