Drachinifel's Rum Ration - Battle of the Philippine Sea - Lee Sails West

Started by scooter, June 19, 2019, 05:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

Cheers Scoot.

Always thought Von Spee's cruise would have made a good film. On the lines of The Battle of the River Plate film
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 06, 2021, 06:25:41 AM
Cheers Scoot.

Always thought Von Spee's cruise would have made a good film. On the lines of The Battle of the River Plate film

Agreed.  Although it should be a two parter (diology?) to show both Coronel and the Falklands.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on October 06, 2021, 06:34:55 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 06, 2021, 06:25:41 AM
Cheers Scoot.

Agreed.  Although it should be a two parter (diology?) to show both Coronel and the Falklands.

Yup any cinema film would probably deal with Coronel as a forward and then have Von Spee as the "star" much in the same way as Peter Finch was as Langsdorf. A two parter made for t.v. could do the cruise and its finale justice however.

Old Wombat

Bloody tragic waste of too many brave men!

But, then, all battles & wars are.

Unfortunately, sometimes, they're necessary.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx