Quad Engine Super Caravelle ****FINISHED****

Started by TheChronicOne, June 19, 2019, 08:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Big thanks, homie!! I love how this one turned out....    It's so nice sometimes when things go wrong! 

I was looking at pictures of "regular" Caravelles earlier and they looked strange to me.....   ;D    "Oh man, it's so SHORT!"  ;D ;D ;D ;D     Good fun....

Here's the thing.. I still have the remnants left over... were I to find some adequate engines, I could make a super-short Caravelle "Biz-jet."    :rolleyes: :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Way to go!  :thumbsup:

That's what I did with the bits left over from my tandem wing DC9TW, and came up with the DC9BJ (which stands for 'Business Jet.......)

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 28, 2019, 08:21:32 PM

Here's the thing.. I still have the remnants left over... were I to find some adequate engines, I could make a super-short Caravelle "Biz-jet."    :rolleyes: :lol:

I'm sure you could find some - or turn some up, now you have a Mini Drill...

Scale-o-Rama it into a 1/72 BizJet, maybe?

TheChronicOne

Kit, I think you dang near came up with an Egg-Liner there!!! It looks like one of them egg planes with the strange proportions! Hahahah   BJ Indeed...  Good thing you headed that one off at the pass. Jokes galore. Ya know, my middle names is James so it's really EASY to guess my initials...  my folks used to call me "BJ" when I was little. Nick name.. no biggie..but now that I'm grown? You best believe I keep that little tidbit tightly under wraps.  ;D

Rick, I might try that drill out today!! I found some batteries last night. I remember I set some aside for my drone (that I bought like two months ago and haven't even flown yet...   :rolleyes: ) remote controller. I can see this thing coming in handy BIG TIME down the road. Almost every build I find myself wishing I had something, usually a cutting wheel, what would/could be provided by the rotary tool here. I mean.. I have a big DeWalt drill (and I HAVE used it once on a build) but it's so bulky and heavy. This is going to be great.. I should have bought one years ago.
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

They are handy, though I need to watch the rpm... my old one started at 5000, so had to be careful not to melt the plastic... it died and the new one starts at 10,000... it was a present, so I'm not going to b!tch and moan - just have to be even more careful.

Useful for a field-expedient lathe, though.

A battery screwdriver is better for drilling. Finally scored a cheap one and it's all kinds of useful for certain applications.