Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang - Finished pics page 5

Started by zenrat, June 21, 2019, 06:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

This is finished.  I will take beauty pics with the Viking.  So that means a few days wait...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang
Tophe - P82-51C5_ae cropped by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
A Peaceplane, the Bitang is karmically designed not to be armed.  In fact it is specifically zengineered so that should anyone try to arm it the wings will fall off.  Think a bad thought while sitting in the cockpit - the engines stop.  Idly ponder gunning it up while walking out to its hanger and you'll find a flat tyre.
In fact it's so attuned to the pilots aura that simply driving aggressively to the airfield will cause a flat battery.
Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang - 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Mitsuberican make the Bitang in a number of different sizes.  The short version, shown in the drawing at the top of the post, is equipped as a flying creche with accommodations for up to four toddlers in the glazed nose and secure containment for dirty nappies in the wing roots.  The long version on the other hand is the flying equivalent of a mini-van being capable of carrying an entire under 14s netball team in comfort with built in wifi and surround sound in the nose compartment and a soundproof divider separating the cockpit.  Importantly each seat has it's own phone charging point.
Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang - 10 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The medium length Bitang, shown in these photos, is marketed to honeymooners.  The fuselage over the wings containing a compact but luxurious boudoir where newlyweds may, if they wish, consummate their marriage while taking advantage of the state of the art autopilot.   When the honeymoon is over this compartment can easily be stripped out and used for a variety of other purposes such as carrying shopping, housing pets or storing unwanted toasters received as wedding presents.
Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang - 7 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang - 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The Model
When I saw Tophe's drawing combining a P51 and Ki46 I thought "I have to build that" and saved it to my hard drive.  I already had a Hasegawa North American P-51D Mustang in the stash but I bought the Arii Mitsubishi Ki-46iii specifically.  I then built other things and waited for a suitable GB.
I have tried to build it as close to Tophe's vision as possible which means it is a non-military aircraft and is painted all over Sky Blue (Vallejo Acrylic).
All parts are from one of the two kits except the honeymooners who are both from Airfix.  Sam is from the Stratos 4 but Austin is a mystery man coming from my small stash of lil peeps.
Transfers are home made.
Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang - 9 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang - 8 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Total brilliance!  :thumbsup:

And the reggie is masterful too.   ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

That looks very retro with the cockpit set back. Nice!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Tophe

Wonderful :wub: :wub: :wub:
And thanks a lot for the name on the wing, for the colour, for the no-weapon way. I feel delighted. :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
I will try to draw your version, to compare with the source of the past.
Thanks again! ;D
(EDIT: the drawings:)

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Thanks everyone. 
I'm very pleased you like it Tophe.
Fred

NARSES2

Absolutely fantastic project all around mate  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

CammNut

I am thinking Biggles meets Dan Dare - I would love to have an aeroplane like this - superb!

TomZ

Definitely looks like something from a comic book.

very nice!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

zenrat

Thanks guys.  A cartoonish element is something I like to aspire to.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on August 18, 2019, 04:23:57 AM
Thanks guys.  A cartoonish element is something I like to aspire to.

Well I don't think any of us would ever have thought that of you  ;) ;D :angel:

Quote from: TomZ on August 17, 2019, 10:29:04 AM
Definitely looks like something from a comic book.

very nice!

TomZ

Very much so. I can visulise it in a Tin Tin story, especially in that colour scheme for some reason.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.