Mitsuberican KP5146 Bitang - Finished pics page 5

Started by zenrat, June 21, 2019, 06:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: ericr on July 02, 2019, 06:56:49 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 02, 2019, 05:16:12 AM
Thanks folks.

Quote from: Weaver on July 02, 2019, 04:37:41 AM
....In a strange way, it almost reminds me of an Me 262...

In Tophes drawing?  Maybe the nose shape and canopy.

Looking at my mockup has me thinking Russian.  There's something Shturmovik about it.  Maybe in the shape of the wings?

the Me262 with a glass nose?

Guess who's the first one to the crash site?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

I still have the top half of this in my stash.

I will build it one day.  IIRC it's basically the standard MPM 262 (not very nice) with instructions on where to cut and then how to replace what you removed with PE & Vacform.  I have toyed with the idea of fitting the parts to the new Airfix but fear I will just make a mess and waste a kit.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Nacelles are attached to the wings and I have glued the previously unrelated fuselage halves together.
]

Hard to tell the difference isn't it.  :mellow:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

Wow! Gorgeous! :wub:
Do you want me to update the drawing to follow your invention? :unsure: ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

If you want to mate.  Might be better to wait until i've finished it though.
Fred

Tophe

OK, I will follow your "better" way, waiting, there is no hurry ;)

zenrat

Fred

Tophe

zenrat

Thanks Tophe.  I am hoping to retain the windows from the Ki-46.  I will try to polish them up after the end of PSR.
Fred

TheChronicOne

Good looking here!!! Definitely want to use that glass I agree, one of the best features of the aircraft.  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2019, 04:32:12 AM
I still have the top half of this in my stash.

I will build it one day.  IIRC it's basically the standard MPM 262 (not very nice) with instructions on where to cut and then how to replace what you removed with PE & Vacform.  I have toyed with the idea of fitting the parts to the new Airfix but fear I will just make a mess and waste a kit.

The fuselage is decent and workable, the master was a Hasegawa 262 fuselage.  The wings...  Smer/Heller.  They don't fit and it's simply not worth the effort.  My advice would be to get a cheap Revell kit and use the wings from that.  They do fit after a modicum of surgery.  I did it many years back - 1998? - but never did finish any of them due to simply abandoning Luftwaffe modelling.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Thanks Lee.  You did tell me all the details of the MPM kit and how to fix it back when I built the lower half and I saved the information for future reference.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

ericr