Mustang Flapjack (finished page 5)

Started by Tophe, June 27, 2019, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Thanks!
As far as I am concerned, I don't require airplanes to fly: for me they are just pretty objects (except the very old pioneers, not aerodynamic).
And concerning the what-if absurd spirit, here are cousins of the Twin-Flaptang:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

Now I have another idea for something I must build! The list is very long! Don't worry, it would be different from the Flapstang.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

:thumbsup:

At first I thought you meant this:

Tophe

Quote from: kerick on June 28, 2019, 10:47:08 AM
Now I have another idea for something I must build! The list is very long! Don't worry, it would be different from the Flapstang.
Thanks to be inspired by my delirium. ;D

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on June 28, 2019, 10:51:37 AM
Thanks I did not know this, I may use the profile to add a Mustang/Monogram-Flapjack hybrid. I may try.

Scotaidh

I thought this version might be more to your taste, Tophe.

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

TallEng

That last one looks like it would fly like a Catherine wheel :o
Unless of course the rear engine is a pusher?
And like a lot of Tophe designs on the Mustang I'm strangely drawn to it :wub: (luckily I don't have a Flapjack, although Mustangs...) ;D

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Tophe

Thanks!

Quote from: Scotaidh on June 28, 2019, 12:40:51 PM
:wub: Wow! So good a dream! And now the name Scotaidh appears in gold letters in the History of Asymmetric Aircraft (at the temporary end of my site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Asymm_addition.htm )... :thumbsup: :bow:

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on June 28, 2019, 09:11:43 PM
Thanks!

Quote from: Scotaidh on June 28, 2019, 12:40:51 PM
:wub: Wow! So good a dream! And now the name Scotaidh appears in gold letters in the History of Asymmetric Aircraft (at the temporary end of my site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Asymm_addition.htm )... :thumbsup: :bow:

Oh - thanks, buddy!  Really, compared to you I'm just a neophyte at this stuff.
I was just thinking I might have to try one of these - I have lots of small plastic saucers I bought for the Plate challenge.  I'd need to get in some cheap Mustangs - not my favourite plane, so I don't have any in stock, so to speak.

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

I am glad you are inspired... ;)

Quote from: Tophe on June 28, 2019, 11:31:03 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on June 28, 2019, 10:51:37 AM
Thanks I did not know this, I may use the profile to add a Mustang/Monogram-Flapjack hybrid. I may try.
The missing links are proving the Monogram Flapjack was a Mustang (thanks!), see:

ericr

another excellent thread !  :thumbsup:

full of surprises and mind-boggling stuff  ;D

Tophe

Thanks a lot!
While, now, the crazy delirium is finished and, seriously, I present the 2 "normal" versions of Scotaidh's asymmetric marvel:

Scotaidh

Ha!  The four-engined one reminds me of a flying squirrel!  :)

kerick

With the two cockpits can it fly equally well in either direction???
Can't wait to see what the landing gear looks like!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Quote from: kerick on June 29, 2019, 08:13:49 AM
With the two cockpits can it fly equally well in either direction???
Yes, but the problem was creating a Variable Profile wing (to produce lift in both directions).

Quote from: kerick on June 29, 2019, 08:13:49 AM
Can't wait to see what the landing gear looks like!
Sorry I will not build this one (only the P-51DB-390), but probably there would have been 4 main landing gears.

PR19_Kit

I like the pusher version, bit it'd need VERY tall landing gear, as the Flapjack had a huge angle of attack for take-off.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit