Lightning, Mustang, Mirage with abnormal number of engines

Started by Tophe, July 01, 2019, 05:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Thanks!

The Delanne Lightnings were much faster than the underpowered American Lightnings:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

There were fast Mustangs with twin lateral engines driving central propellers, but... I don't know on which planet :unsure: :-\

Tophe

I was not remembering the transmission words for the ones above, I think this is "by shafts and gears", no?

Tophe

Our friend PYF42 did not finish his Mustang/Whirlwing model, but as drawing it is more easy:

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on July 26, 2019, 07:02:02 AM
Our friend PYF42 did not finish his Mustang/Whirlwing model, but as drawing it is more easy:
Before the triplex-engine mass production, the prototypes were "just" twin-engined...:

Tophe

In these families, some mass-produced twin-engined models were pushers:

Tophe

Among Mirages 5 with 2 jets, some were looking like Mystère 20 and HondaJet:

Tophe

Among the P-51s with piston + jet tail, only the DC-10 version was mass produced but this is true, this is History! (alas, due to the top top secret, all articles about the Mustang DC-10 are using fake photographs, of an airliner!!!):

kerick

I've been thinking about an F-86 with two engines like the Skyfox conversion of the T-33. Perhaps a J-85 engine in a pod on each side of the fuselage and a nose cone over the air intake.

Here's a pic of the Skyfox.

Do you think you could draw an F-86 similar to this? I'm afraid I don't know how to do it on the computer.
Your P51DC-10 is awesome!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on August 07, 2019, 09:37:37 PM
Is your dream like this?:
As far as I am concerned, I would use a canard layout with these rear jets:

Tophe

The Mirage 5LR (long range) was a new interceptor: instead of waiting on the ground and taking off in urgency to counter an enemy, it was waiting in altitude (subsonic flight on the piston engine in the nose) during hours, only using jet and afterburner for a supersonic dash if necessary:

kerick

Quote from: Tophe on August 07, 2019, 09:37:37 PM
Thanks!
Is your dream like this?:

Just like that! Well done! The Mustang versions are an extra bonus. Thank you very much.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Thanks a lot!
The Mustang addition was not a bonus but a need to match the title of this topic... ;)

Now here is a subsonic COIN twin-turboprop Mirage:

PR19_Kit

Put those props/engines on swivels and you've got a VTOL Mirage too.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit