1965 Chevrolet El Camino - El Toucam. Finished pics on page 6

Started by zenrat, July 02, 2019, 05:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 06, 2019, 05:11:54 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 06, 2019, 03:09:13 AM

When I rule the world it will be compulsory (along with all parcels having to be sent in easilly stacked boxes) for all model car kits to have standard wheel fittings.

You've got my vote already Fred.  :thumbsup:

I rarely build cars, but you've got mine as well.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Sorted the rear wheel fitting today and so can provide a mock up.
Toucam WIP 08-09-2019 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Toucam WIP 08-09-2019 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Next job is inner bodywork under the bonnet and in the tub.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That's certainly going to be LOUD!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 08, 2019, 04:05:51 AM
That's certainly going to be LOUD!

Not when driving on the front engine.  Plan is a mufflers and pipes exiting just in front of the rear wheels.  The rear engine though will have zoomies. :wacko:

You can't tell but I have changed the tyres.  The ones I was using were just a touch too wide and fouled the bodywork.  I found another Monogram set in my "special wheels" box which unusually the rims fitted into perfectly.  They are from the '30 Ford Woody which was retooled with new wheels and tyres at about the same time as the '66 Chevy Malibu the kidney bean mags came from.  As they are from the same time period that might be why the swap is possible even though the actual tyre is narrower on the Woody set.  Rims are a little large and tyre profile a little low IMO indicating they date from the eighties.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on September 08, 2019, 04:36:51 AM

Not when driving on the front engine.  Plan is a mufflers and pipes exiting just in front of the rear wheels. 

With cut-outs for when it's in dual engine mode?  :wacko:

Nice move on the wheels.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Panelling in the tub has begun.  It may not look much but because of the complex shape along where it meets the chassis this took a while.
El Toucam WIP 12-09-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
I'm hoping I can use inner wings from my parts box in the front.
Fred

zenrat

So there are now filler panels running from the top of the inner side panels to the sides of the tub.
Glue is drying.
Fred

zenrat

So here's the structural panelling in place in the tub and a start made under the bonnet.
El Toucmas WIP 17-09-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

TheChronicOne

Quite the adept modeller here!!  Nice.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thank you Brad C.

One side of the front now has all the panels in place while the other still needs the rear piece.
Then they'll need trimming, smoothing and some bits & bobs attached for surface texture.
Fred

zenrat

All panels in place in the front engine cave.  They still need trimming.
El Toucam WIP 19-09-2019 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

PR19_Kit

That's looking VERY good Fred.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Kit.  Structural work all finished today and i've moved on to adding texture to the panelling which is looking a bit plain.  Just some half round styrene which will look like strengthening ribs have been pressed in.
Fred

loupgarou

I hope you keep checking if the engines fit inside the new panels.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Quote from: loupgarou on September 20, 2019, 08:34:39 AM
I hope you keep checking if the engines fit inside the new panels.

Yep.  No problem.  I've been caught that way before.
I am hoping to get the first shot coat of primer on the body today.
Fred