DONE @p.4: 1:72 Reims Aviation MH.352 "Bastang II", Rhodesian Air Force, 1972

Started by Dizzyfugu, July 02, 2019, 08:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Do you remember Fred Yves (PYF42) started to build a twintriplex-engined P-51? (in 2010-2011):
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Oh, no. But a nice idea to use Whirlwind wings, they are small enough. But adding engines could be tight...

zenrat

Solution to stalky leg issues could be to cut the wings off and glue them back on upside down with new wheel openings cut though the wings.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Dizzy, I was actually suggesting contra-props as a solution to the long legs issue because by using contra-props you could get the same thrust for a shorter blade length, thus allowing you to make the legs less ... leggy. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

ericr

Dizzyfugu

Painting started yesterday, and an aircrfat with all dark-earth undersides looks SO wrong... The coat of paint also revealed some surface flaws, but this was to be expected after all the surgery, and I hope that I can hide some weak points under paint effects. Looks good in the green/brown cammo, though, very natural.

Dizzyfugu

Further progress is slow but good. With some paint (in the meantime I gave the kit a black ink wash, some fake panel lines with a pencil and some post-shading) the whole thing looks much better now.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nighthunter

Looks like a concept I came up with a few years ago, great minds and all that... :P
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 19, 2019, 09:41:15 AM
That looks remarkably UN-Mustang-like.  :o

Doesn't it?  ;D

"It's a Mustang, Jim, but NOT as we know it..."

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

More from the bench, progress is still slow, but I am about to apply decals and do some detail work, e.g. painting the props and the ordnance:

1:72 Reims Aviation MH.352 "Bastang II" (Whif/modified Italeri P-51D) - WiP
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr