Boeing 707 and related (720, C-135 etc.)

Started by jcf, July 04, 2019, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

I note that there doesn't seem to be a specific 707 and related thread, so here goes.

All the following drawings are from a 17-page document on the origins of the 707. A local club member has been clearing out his file
boxes. I snagged this one.
;D

jcf

jcf

;D

sandiego89

Intersting, especially like the double bubble with the B-52 like engines.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

AS.12

Great find, fascinating to see how to shape evolved into the 'Boeing nose'

Tophe

Thanks for sharing these projects. Have you sent them to the Secret Projects web site? They would be also very interested probably.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fascinating.
IMO it was all looking good right up until the point they dropped the double bubble fuselage.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

:thumbsup:

I have a (K)C135 in my stash now, waiting for what could happen ...

McColm

PR19_Kit

Some of them are in the recent Secret  Projects book on US Airlifters, but some aren't, which is odd.

The Model 367-60 (Swept gull wing with turboprops on a Stratocruiser fuselage) looks decidedly odd!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 30, 2019, 02:51:20 PM
Some of them are in the recent Secret  Projects book on US Airlifters, but some aren't, which is odd.

The Model 367-60 (Swept gull wing with turboprops on a Stratocruiser fuselage) looks decidedly odd!  :o

Kit, would you like the higher resolution copy of the full document, the text as well as the illustrations?
It's a 10.4MB pdf.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 01, 2019, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 30, 2019, 02:51:20 PM

Kit, would you like the higher resolution copy of the full document, the text as well as the illustrations?
It's a 10.4MB pdf.

That would be very nice Jon, yes. Thanks in advance.  :thumbsup:

There's LOADS of good ideas there already!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

I have the vacform engines from the VC10 which will replace the engines in my Heller 1/72 Boeing E-3A/C model.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.