Consolidated C-4Y Privateer COD

Started by 63cpe, July 13, 2019, 01:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

First pictures of new project for this GB:

IMG_20190713_204344970 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20190713_204320379 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

It'll be a Carrier On board Delivery. The door on the slab sides will be ideal. Need to figure out how to fold the wings and tail. I guess A-3 style will do.

David aka 63cpe

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

Nice.  Shortening the fuselage makes the tail look even bigger.  Cutting chunks out of it prolly improved the fit. :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Nice! I had a similar idea a while ago - curious how this one will turn out.  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

That works really well, even with shorter wings.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

The original SLUF, Short Little Ugly F***er!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

63cpe

Thanks you all!

@the Rat: iI didn't think about that, but what a great Idea! Love it. Thanks!

@zenrat: the fit will only be improved if the cuts are straight..Even when I taped the halves together. It was rather difficult to do. Had to adjust the cuts several times.

Will continue the build after holiday.

David aka 63cpe.

63cpe

Time for some updates:

All fuselage parts are assembled and puttied. Fuselage after the wing was less wide as the wing parts was, so had to smooth it out with several thin layers of putty. Now the PSR starts all over again to smooth all seams, steps etc out. Stabilo's are a test fit, but are a tad to big. I'll testfit the B-26 stabilo's tomorrow.
IMG_20190818_164840643 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

The Privateers instructionsheet mentions to put 40 grams of weigh in the nose. So put some fishleads through the nosegear opening, 30 grams in total, followed by an ample amount off superglue. after a little while i noticed my fingers got stuck on the nose. The superglue was seeping out of the nose along the fuselage!
Saved the fuselage from any damage by putting it in an angle to get the superglue out to the extreme nose and waiting to set. All that it's left now are some yellowish streaks of hardend superglue on the nose. No problem, will sand it off later.
IMG_20190818_164854976 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_20190818_164801043 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

Old Wombat

What a great collection of builds you've got going on here, Dave! Awesome! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Very cool, I am looking forward to see more.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

I love this.  It's making me think it's an egg bomber.  Giving me ideas regarding other 4 engined bombers in my stash.
What are the engines from?  Have you told us?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 19, 2019, 04:12:28 AM

What are the engines from?  Have you told us?

They look a bit like B-26 engines.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit