Main Menu

Avon Show 2019

Started by darthspud2, July 16, 2019, 03:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

IIRC, he looks like he owns the lab which Micheal Gove escaped from.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on July 29, 2019, 07:59:45 AM
Martin, have you heard IPMS Avon are placing restrictions on under the table sales this year? Size of box used (60x40x40 max) and box has to be under the table. I believe the traders have been 'whining again'.
yes I've heard about it, and they have also implied that if the request to limit the size and numbers of boxes under the tables isn't followed then they may have to consider either banning under table sales or charging those who wish to do so in future.

Nothing new, Brampton ask for a donation for their nominated charity from any individual selling from under the table at their show.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Martin H on July 29, 2019, 08:25:28 PM
Martin, have you heard IPMS Avon are placing restrictions on under the table sales this year? Size of box used (60x40x40 max) and box has to be under the table. I believe the traders have been 'whining again'.
yes I've heard about it, and they have also implied that if the request to limit the size and numbers of boxes under the tables isn't followed then they may have to consider either banning under table sales or charging those who wish to do so in future.

Nothing new, Brampton ask for a donation for their nominated charity from any individual selling from under the table at their show.

Avon could have done themselves a favour or two by announcing this more widely than they have. I intend to bring my 'regulation' sales box on Sunday, will that be ok?
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on July 29, 2019, 03:06:17 PM
Size of box used (60x40x40 max) and box has to be under the table.

As a certain M.P. :rolleyes: MP has dictated that all measurement shall be imperial, this works in our favour.  :wacko:  Said box would be 5ft by 3½ft which is plenty of space for everything  :thumbsup:

Tut, tut Nick it should be M.P. (or that's what I was taught anyway  ;D). He has also allegedly issued his staff with instructions that all letters and e-mails must use correct grammar. That should be fun, most of them will have no idea what grammar means, let alone how to use it correctly. (And yes I know I've probably got a fair bit that's incorrect in this post  :rolleyes:)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

Also bringing the now obligatory box of mini rolls.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

We usually do, it's a big show, lots of clubs, SIGs and traders, and for me it's only 1/2 hr away.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Sorry, gents, this is yet ANOTHER show I'm going to miss as I'm off up to Carlisle to keep a watch on my mum (93) and Madame's mum (91).  One of these days, I'll turn up at a show with Merlot, Twiglets and Madame's incomparable sausage rolls................ but it isn't going to be this time. Have fun, take lots of pix and look on my absence not as a problem but as an extra  space in the car park!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

We had a good showing at the Avon Show, but we may all have shrunk a bit afterward as it was very warm and MEGA-humid in there! They used all three halls, plus the annexe for the competition so you can tell how large it was.

There was a fair showing of Whiifs on the other stands and I'll post some pics later in the week, but in the meanwhile here's some of our stand, first the whole stand and then four more, section by section.

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

NARSES2

Nice display lads, well done  :thumbsup:

My only small critique would be that there seems to be very few propellers present other on those helicopter thingy ma bobs and their evil cousins the Osprey's  ;)

Seriously well done to all, hope you had a good day.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 05, 2019, 06:04:13 AM

My only small critique would be that there seems to be very few propellers present other on those helicopter thingy ma bobs and their evil cousins the Osprey's  ;)

A quick  census came up with 43 props on the stand, counting contra-props as double.  ;D ;)

But it's true we were 'rotor heavy' this time for a change.

Regards
Kit

kerick

Nice work all around! Thanks for the great pics
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Some detail shots of some of the models on the SIG stand, another half dozen tomorrow.

OGL's 'Harrier Park' and the man himself too.  ;D

Regards
Kit