English Electric Canberra interceptor.

Started by chrisonord, July 21, 2019, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

The Mach2 kit would be ideal as any improvement would be beneficial  :banghead:

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 22, 2019, 05:23:38 AM
Red Deans, that's the way to go on the missile front. The Canberra's possibly the ONLY aircraft large enough to carry the darn things!

From The Empire's Twilight, https://thempirestwilight.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Dean_AAM:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 22, 2019, 06:04:38 AM
Quote from: KJ_Lesnick on July 21, 2019, 09:28:46 PM
Why not just fit it with nuclear tipped missiles?  If you're going to haul missiles that big around, you might as well make 'em count with the highest P/k

You really don't want to be using nuclear tipped missiles anywhere near, let alone over, a crowded island like Great Britain.

Well according to the only test of a live Genie ever conducted, it's perfectly safe to stand uder one exploding at 20,000 feet...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plumbbob

The RAF wanted Genies for the Lightning force. The only reason they didn't get them was that UK-produced fissile material was in too short supply to use it in 'tactical' weapons.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

How about a Canberra GB next year?
I'll put it on my list of suggestions to make.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on July 23, 2019, 02:05:53 AM

Well according to the only test of a live Genie ever conducted, it's perfectly safe to stand uder one exploding at 20,000 feet...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plumbbob

Better them than me is all I can say.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Just  rooted out  the Canberra kits i have,  one  Pr9 2 B 57 G's and  and  a R/B 57 A/B. The RB is the Airfix one  and  the kit has two different  noses for the  two versions,  thus making  it easier for me to put a bigger  more  suitable  radar  nose  on it. Time period  dictates  a camouflage  scheme  with either  NMF undersides, or perhaps  light grey.  Two Red Deans  should  be easy to  scratch  from the bits boxes.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

Quote from: chrisonord on July 23, 2019, 11:18:07 AM
Just  rooted out  the Canberra kits i have,  one  Pr9 2 B 57 G's and  and  a R/B 57 A/B. The RB is the Airfix one  and  the kit has two different  noses for the  two versions,  thus making  it easier for me to put a bigger  more  suitable  radar  nose  on it. Time period  dictates  a camouflage  scheme  with either  NMF undersides, or perhaps  light grey.  Two Red Deans  should  be easy to  scratch  from the bits boxes.
Chris.

Colin (freightdog) has Red Deans Chris
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 23, 2019, 01:15:43 PM
Chris.

Cheers Robert,  I think I will need quite a few as I  want  to do a scratch  build and a kitbash with some  on it, I  might  yet get  the set he has for  thus build  yet, as the included nose could  make  things  easier for me.
Chris.

kitnut617

Quote from: chrisonord on July 23, 2019, 01:29:48 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on July 23, 2019, 01:15:43 PM
Chris.

Cheers Robert,  I think I will need quite a few as I  want  to do a scratch  build and a kitbash with some  on it, I  might  yet get  the set he has for  thus build  yet, as the included nose could  make  things  easier for me.
Chris.

When Colin first came out with the Red Deans, I bought eight of them plus eight Firestreaks. All for various planned projects which have yet to materialize  ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Can never have  too many erm.....red deans ;D ;D
I am going to make  some  of my own versions of  British air to air missiles,  with not  so serious names  as I  have  a load of missile  bodies and  a load of large Russian  missiles  that can be modified.  Tweed  squirrel,  Taupe Bishop being  two of their names  :-X ;D
Chris

Gondor

Red Deans........ Not part of the Spanish Inquisition are they?  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: Gondor on July 24, 2019, 01:47:34 AM

Gondor
If they were, nobody expected them.
Chris.

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on July 24, 2019, 02:51:56 AM

Gondor
Chris.

Seriously quips like that could get you put in the naughty box and you could keep Zenrat company  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 24, 2019, 05:44:24 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on July 24, 2019, 02:51:56 AM

Gondor
Chris.

Seriously quips like that could get you put in the naughty box and you could keep Zenrat company  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Will there be comfy  cushions there Chris  :wacko:
Chris

Rheged

Quote from: chrisonord on July 23, 2019, 03:51:19 PM
Can never have  too many erm.....red deans ;D ;D
I am going to make  some  of my own versions of  British air to air missiles,  with not  so serious names  as I  have  a load of missile  bodies and  a load of large Russian  missiles  that can be modified.  Tweed  squirrel,  Taupe Bishop being  two of their names  :-X ;D
Chris

There's a whole raft of butterfly names you could use as rainbow code names: Scarlet emperor, cabbage white, yellow tip and even dingy skipper!   More listed  here:-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_butterflies_of_Great_Britain
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet