DONE @p.5 +++ 1:144 Boeing 727-301, Aéromexicana, late Seventies

Started by Dizzyfugu, August 01, 2019, 03:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Thank you. Yes, that silver/orange outfit not only looks good inj itself, it suits the 727 also very well!

63cpe

Wooooow Dizzy, this 727 is looking good! Always loved the Mexicana colors as it look a little like some of the liveries fo US carriers in the fifties and sixties.

Love it! :wub: :thumbsup:

What rattlecan did you use? (white aluminium allright but, what's the brand?)

David aka 63cpe

Tophe

Congratulations! I love this addition to the British and Soviet airliners with such engine layout... :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Thank you, glad you like it! Did some more finishing touches yesterday evening, including the windows and some touch-ups. And with a black radome the confusion is perfect!
Unfortunately I had to remove the main landing gear again and lower it by 2mm, but now the stance is really good. Maybe I can apply a final coat of gloss varnish today, and then the preparations for the pictures start. The model is quite big (compared with my standard works), so that I will have to scratch bigger backgrounds. But I think that esp. flight scenes should look spectacular with this bright bird.  :lol:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Even without its tailplane it looks sensational!  :thumbsup:

I think you should bring it to Telford in November and slide it onto the Airliner SIG stand. We'd hear the howls for miles!  ;D :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

ChernayaAkula

Looks great!  :thumbsup:

The Aztec head motif on the fin could also work really well as a roundel, I think.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Again, thanks a lot - never expected that this relatively simple build gets so much attention an positive feedback!

Varnish session was susccessful, despite high ambient temperatures. Now some final assemblies (tail, wheels) and it is finished. I also scratched some larger background posters, this one should look awesome above the Andes.  :lol: