Aérospatiale SA 345 Oryx - Finished pics Pg 4

Started by zenrat, August 11, 2019, 03:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loupgarou

More and more interesting.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Scheme is loosely based on this.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Thought I recognised it. Looks good! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I sourced some transfers for this last night.
An Australian Army Eurocopter Tiger set from Ronin Decals.

Started painting the rotors today.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Transfers arrived today so I cleared the fuselage.

When I de-masked the rotors a couple of days ago the tape removed some of the paint from the yellow tips.  I was going to respray them but this looks like deliberate weathering so i'll claim it as such and leave it be.
;)
Fred

zenrat

Decals are on and I have painted the crews boots and helmets.
Fred

zenrat

I've hit a problem.  Its legs are too short (or its wings are too low).
There isn't room to fit a four pack of Hellfires (or the TOW four pack or Rockets in a tube from the Mangusta) between the underside of the wings and the ground.
Oops.  I should have checked that before I put the wings on.
Options include spacing the Hellfires as a single row of four on each side rather than two rows of two, mounting the TOW four packs on top of the wings or using SNEBs instead.
Option two will obscure the kangaroo transfers on the fuselage while option three would seem to not be taking advantage of the power of those engines.
Maybe i'll see what else I have in the weapons stash.  Exocets?  KH-29s?  ASM-2s?  Those Swedish things Airfix put in the Viggen kit?  Prolly al to large also.

After that discovery I started to look at fitting the glazing.
A tip for anyone building one of these in the future.  Check the fit and make any adjustments to the rear side glazing (it fits from the inside) before putting the fuselage halves together.  It would have been a lot easier than doing it with the interior in the way.
Fred

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on September 13, 2019, 03:33:53 AM
I've hit a problem.  Its legs are too short (or its wings are too low).

I felt this coming when I saw the last WiP pictures.

zenrat

Problem solved.  I can fit three Hellfires under each wing.  I'm going to save the Eduard resin & etch examples I bought for this for later and use injection moulded ones from an Italeri Blackhawk.
Fred

zenrat

Nearly done.  Today I installed the crew.  As I used superglue I thought it best not to also fit the glazing lest the glue fumes cloud it.
I did also fit the Hellfires.  They are close to the ground but there is clearance.  I should get it finished tomorrow or Thursday.

Fred

zenrat

Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Man that looks so good, a Gazelle GTI.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

zenrat

Quote from: JayBee on September 18, 2019, 11:46:40 AM
Man that looks so good, a Gazelle GTI.  :thumbsup:

Have you hacked my toplap and been reading my draft back story?
Fred