Here's one for Kit -- Bell X-16

Started by kitnut617, August 29, 2019, 01:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

I really like the Super Clunk! I hope you finish it soon. What parts are you using on the engines?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kitnut617

They were some 1/144 (or 1/200) aftermarket airliner engines I had bought for another project where I needed a certain fan diameter. These ones didn't work out for what I wanted to use them for.  I'll see if I still have the package they came in and I'll let you know what they are.

The nose came from a RF-101C kit which had been converted into a F-101A.

My original plan was much the same as Chris', I wasn't planning on changing the engines at all. What happened was I couldn't find the RF-101 nose which I knew I had cut off. I had thought I had sent it to someone else, so then I started to look at using a pannier of some sort instead. I had bought the TSR2 recce pannier sometime ago from SAMI magazine but I've decided not to use it on any of my TSR2's so it became available ---  ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Air21

Fun fact about the RB-57, I was able to meet Phil Oestreicher who was among other things the lead engineers on that project.  The Air Force initially refused to provide any technical specifications for the B-57, no drawings or anything, during the design phase.  So Phil walked into a Rite-Aid drug store and bought a Revel B-57 kit, took it to his office and traced it to get the layout.  They then found the largest turbofan available in the parts catalog and started modifying the drawings to accommodate them.  He said the Revel kit was accurate within a foot for what he needed  :thumbsup:

kitnut617

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 31, 2019, 06:46:56 AM
They were some 1/144 (or 1/200) aftermarket airliner engines I had bought for another project where I needed a certain fan diameter. These ones didn't work out for what I wanted to use them for.  I'll see if I still have the package they came in and I'll let you know what they are.

The nose came from a RF-101C kit which had been converted into a F-101A.

My original plan was much the same as Chris', I wasn't planning on changing the engines at all. What happened was I couldn't find the RF-101 nose which I knew I had cut off. I had thought I had sent it to someone else, so then I started to look at using a pannier of some sort instead. I had bought the TSR2 recce pannier sometime ago from SAMI magazine but I've decided not to use it on any of my TSR2's so it became available ---  ;D

Of course, after I had chopped the Mk.5 up so I could fit the pannier in between the wheel wells ---- I find the RF-101 nose.  :banghead:

So I decided to use both  ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 31, 2019, 03:21:30 AM
You could saw the Vigi pod down to length to suit, it's pretty long anyway.
I thought that too,  I should have  a spare one  somewhere  from the trumpeter one  I built.  I will have  a look for it during the week.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!