USN P-4 Pluto **DONE, PICS PG. 10***

Started by TheChronicOne, August 29, 2019, 08:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

SMALL update... I managed to find some of the ejection seat Triangle thingies but still no yellow "Rescue" arrow....   more to come....      Time for work right now.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Lost steam so didn't get much done today.....   BUT... I have worked more on getting the rest of the transfers together. Still no yellow arrow...I'm skipping it. But.. I do have some stuff to make camera windows, found the ejection triangles as I mentioned, and cut out all the little numbers and letters I need to put on the squadron markings.

I actually applied a few, as well.... I finished the other half of the fin and also added some nose art. It's a road runner bird saying "beep beep."   Came from some armor kit decals of all things..
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

This thing is raising hell right at the end as these type of builds are often wont to do......    I'm not even rushing things, either, it's just .... I don't know.  ;D   

I've finished doing the transfers.... I could probably stick more on there of the stencil variety and other tiny things but all the necessary stuff is on it. In fact, I've progressed into final assembly. That said.... it hasn't gone smoothly at all. Getting the gear all correct and at proper lengths and to get the stance right..........  uhhh... well, it wasn't easy. None of this stuff was ever meant to go together so even now in this latest of stages I'm once again cutting, sawing, filing, etc...   

BUT.... I got that stuff on. Gear doors, too... that's another thing. I even got into an awkward "holding" positing and the thing leapt from my hands as I was dry fitting the nose doors and the tailplanes both busted off. Glued those back on only to have the nose gear fall off.  :banghead:   I guess it also was damaged when I dropped it. This turned out for the best, though, as I wound up moving it into a position that looks better.

I decided to skip the antennas but.... . there's always a but. I found myself distracted today, not with the normal stuff, but with happenings here in Lawton re: protests and such. Tensions are high and I've been watching live stream videos of current events. I decided it was important enough that I wouldn't be upset if it stole time from models.

Gather all this stuff together and I've decided not to finish this today. This is a good thing, though. Tomorrow with renewed time and energy I'm probably going to go ahead and throw on some more of those decals and antennas and stuff that I skipped.  :thumbsup:

No pictures to spoil things but I do believe it has turned out pretty nice! It's a more interesting thing now with all the USN markings.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

It's a triumph!
Marvelous.  Well done Brad C.
:thumbsup: :wub:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks!!  Triumphant indeed. I'm sort of surprised at it...... I always sort of knew what it would wind up looking like but right up to un masking the canopy it just didn't register. Once all said and done, it's like, "Wow, so this is what it is?"  ;D   

Also, it would seem one of my ejection seat triangles disappeared between yesterday and clearing it today. Oh well!  :o ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

major

Wow! That is seriously cool looking!  :thumbsup:

Just couldn't picture how it was going to turn out, but it really came together with the paint and markings!

I want one!  ;D

Cheers... Ray

kerick

That is really well done! Your builds are getting better each time!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

TheChronicOne

Oh man.... thanks, y'all!!!   :wub: 

Quote from: major on June 06, 2020, 06:08:33 PM

Wow! That is seriously cool looking!  :thumbsup:

Just couldn't picture how it was going to turn out, but it really came together with the paint and markings!

I want one!  ;D

Cheers... Ray
Big thanks! Definitely was a "Bob Ross Effect" going on here. I'm with you... even at the final steps I wasn't sure what was going on then BAM there it was.  ;D

Quote from: kerick on June 06, 2020, 08:53:32 PM
That is really well done! Your builds are getting better each time!

I learned a LOT on this one.  :lol:    I'm looking forward to applying all my new learning to the next builds.  :mellow:   This is one childhood/early teenage years habit I've glad I picked back up. Models are cool!  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Now that is SOMETHING ELSE Brad, really awesome!  :thumbsup:

And the box art works a treat too Mr Salt6.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Wow! A really impressive build, congratulations!  :thumbsup:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

DogfighterZen

What a cool looking bird that turned out to be! Great work, brotha!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Thanks, fellers!!  I dig it. It met and exceeding all of my expectations. Learned a lot and have something different to show for it.
-Sprues McDuck-