USN P-4 Pluto **DONE, PICS PG. 10***

Started by TheChronicOne, August 29, 2019, 08:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotaidh

I like it, although it does my head in remembering that it is not a "fighter-ized" DC-9.  :)   :thumbsup:
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

OK, now its got the wing tip pods on the Gerry Anderson vibe is massive.
;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Looking brilliant, Brad! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Thunderbirds, (insert motto here!!)   ;D

Cheers, y'all. More on this one today. I think I'll get right into sanding and trying to finish off the engine area so I can paint the damn thing.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

This thing is really looking cool, now! I love how it turned out...... I'm doing the final bits of getting the whole rear engine area smoothed out and have done a ton of "smalls" as well. Things like getting the tailplanes into paint and organizing the kit itself to get rid of parts I won't need. I'll probably be painting this thing tomorrow or the next day so it's going to start "coming together" rapidly I think. Problem is, I may hate the paint job and redo it but whatever...   On that note I guess I'll finally get the transfers together. I've already gathered up a big pile of prospects, it's just a matter of whittling down and I also have a sheet of USN numbers and letters to help out.

A good deal of work done, but no pictures. It doesn't really look any different.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Pretty darned awesome now Brad, and it's not even finished yet!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Thank you!  It's quite something for a pile of random parts. I suspect I'll be doing this again some day. It was very good practice and learning. I have definitely increased my scratchbuilding skill and things like sawing up things and filling in the gaps left over have also provided useful knowledge. Having this new knowledge starts to open up all sorts of possibilities. One good example is the 1/144 Twin Stilleto project I wanted to do but shelved due to lack of skill. I'll probably be revisiting the idea, now!

Been masking and painting and un masking. Next phase will be a bit more masking to do some de-icers and the fin then it's on to detail and touch up before clear.

-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Looking good indeed!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Thanks, hoss!  I wonder if Scalemates would allow me to "register" my "one off" model kit!  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 17, 2020, 08:13:15 PM

Thanks, hoss!  I wonder if Scalemates would allow me to "register" my "one off" model kit!  :wacko:

You'd have to generate some box art for it first.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 18, 2020, 12:05:13 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 17, 2020, 08:13:15 PM

You'd have to generate some box art for it first.  ;D

Also, it helps if you have a model kit review of it... :rolleyes: ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

This angle...

...is the money shot.

I can't wait for you to finish this.  It's fantastic.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet