USN P-4 Pluto **DONE, PICS PG. 10***

Started by TheChronicOne, August 29, 2019, 08:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

TheChronicOne

Ahhhh yes!!!! Magnificent!!  ::: Dowload.  :::   lol

Thanks for that!!  That is really cool. Beats the hell out of my "art" "work" on the box top.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

OK.. back again now that I've freed up some time!         Review.... that's funny that you mention that, at one point I was going to create my own "instructions" and and "paperwork" for this makeshift kit and at the same time I considered that, I also considered a review/preview to type up to help round-out the complete "what-if" of this entire thing. It's not just a what if model, the entire pile of crap and story and everything is what-if if ya think about it that way.  ;D

Nothing new to report, however.. I've ran aground with meatspace happenings and I'm liable to lose a few days to this stuff.  I still think I'm in decent shape to make the initial deadline, however, but for now, the Pluto can sit and let the paint dry.
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

To review this kit you'd only have to say which kit donated which part and have the links for existing reviews of each kit... and you already have the build report here...   :angel: ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Yep, coming along brilliantly, Brad! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Thanks.... hopefully back to it today or tomorrow.  :mellow:   
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Barely moving lately but I'm trying to get some things done and over the last couple of days I've done some masking for de-icers I guess and the rudder. 

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Roger. Gotta at least have the tail planes on it.  ;D   

On that note... I have a ton of work today but when it's all done I hope to be back to this today. I still have a bunch of masking including the de-icers on the engine intakes but I'm close to finished with that then I can get this junk painted and finally get into detail and touch up. I'm eager to sift through the transfers I have for this and get a scheme going. Might try to find a sharks mouth for it, too.... that could be neat.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Paint work done. I'm trying my best. I've had delays I didn't predict or account for stealing time from this but I've managed to get a fair amount of 'good' work done recently. Not sure about the deadline any more but I'm sure it will be extended.  ;D

AHEM ..  anyway....  like I said, painting....  leading edge de-icers for the wings. I forgot some, too, and had that slow me down a bit but they're done now. Engine cowling de-icers are done. I painted my fantsy-pants red stripe on the tail. I figure it's also functional.... being red it would be easier to see it than grey when the crews are towing it around and don't want to bang into things.

I need to throw one more coat of silver paint on the fin leading edge then I'm done with all the stuff requiring masking and can finally get on with detail and touch-up.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Looking better and better Brad.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Looking good indeed, brotha!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Thanks!! And wonder of wonders... No lawns today!  :o  I AM going to go pick up garbage then I need to do a lil shopping then clean my truck and do house chores but I'll be on top of this today. If I'm lucky, I'll be throwing transfers on it by evening.

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Getting closer.   <_<

I'm trying to find a shark mouth but if not, I have ONE little bit of touch up painting left (that would otherwise be covered by the shark mouth) needing done prior to clearing. For now, I've finished detail painting and all the masking is removed.

I've since been attaching more things that can go on before transfers. I want to glue on the tail planes to "finish building" this but I need to dry run the transfers that go on the tail and see how they'll work out.... it might be easier to still leave these tail-planes off until after but if not... I'll glue them on before I clear coat.

As far as gluing stuff goes I've put a "comms dome" (or what the hell ever, who cares... it looks neat  ;D) on top of the fuselage and put little stabilizer fins at the empannage. Also glued on the tail hook and nose cone.

Going to be adjusting the gear bays when I get to putting on the gear.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Looking sharper by the minute!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit