Grumman F6F-11 HeavenCat (finished page 3)

Started by Tophe, August 30, 2019, 05:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

backstory History:
In the huge book "WW2 top secret air forces" (MyDreams publishing) I read: "the Grumman F6F (and more particularly: the last version of this family) won the Pacific war easily (with massive surrender of the enemy, no need to kill) because it used a very innovative superior layout, twin-boom and asymmetric, this was not just another Zero with a little more horsepower." This stands as a proof this is True History. While uh... after the alarm clock has rung, I do not find this book anymore, sorry. (joke, as this is Sunday, no alarm clock for me...)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

The F6F-11B Heavencat model is finished: ;)

Tophe

Tophe

yes, the F6F-11B is rather different from the F6F-5: :-\ :unsure: ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on September 23, 2019, 03:34:02 AM

yes, the F6F-11B is rather different from the F6F-5: :-\ :unsure: ;D

That's development work...........  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2019, 04:45:15 AM
That's development work...........  ;D ;)
Thanks! I will tell that to the psychiatrist: my mind is (almost) sane, yippee! ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

strobez

Thanks!

Greg

Tophe

Thanks a lot!

Quote from: ericr on September 23, 2019, 08:12:53 AM
a very asymetric imagination  ;D
Ahem, uh... I must confess: the F6F-11 was the last mass produced version, while there was a prototype even after, the XF6F-12 and this one was symmetric (and twin-engined and two-seat):

(Thanks to Corel Photopaint software, Mirror Copy way)

Tophe

Later, the XF6F-12 was converted into a supersonic glider but shhht: this is still top-secret:

NARSES2

That's interesting Tophe. For some reason I can see it starring in a cartoon movie
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks a lot! (I am happy I have turned a killer of human beings into a cartoon gentle animal...) ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Tophe on September 27, 2019, 06:15:17 AM
Thanks a lot! (I am happy I have turned a killer of human beings into a cartoon gentle animal...) ;D

Indeed you have  ;D :thumbsup: