1/35 Diorama Base

Started by Ramba, September 03, 2019, 04:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramba

I started a couple more diorama bases. Can't remember who they are from. They are 1/35 scale.

First one is a block wall. It is only 55x55mm. I used various grey tones. I still need to finish the ground and weather everything. I didn't take many photos of this one. 

Next one is a brick wall with oil drum. This one is 65x65mm. Just like the one above, I still need to finish the ground and weather it. As you can see, I used two different reds for the bricks. For the rusty oil drum, I painted it with the rust paint then while still wet, I applied the rust pigments. I then used a black wash for the stains.

Old Wombat

Direct from BtS:

Nice! :thumbsup:

Is that a bio-hazard sign above the barrel? If not, it should be! :o

Simple sounds good for the first one; maybe some broken up bitumen on the road & dirt? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Effective brick colour used  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ramba

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 04, 2019, 06:07:13 AM
Effective brick colour used  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 03, 2019, 10:35:31 PM
Direct from BtS:

Nice! :thumbsup:

Is that a bio-hazard sign above the barrel? If not, it should be! :o

Simple sounds good for the first one; maybe some broken up bitumen on the road & dirt? :unsure:

Thanks!

The sign is only 7mm x 6mm so it is very tiny.

I did find some biohazard signs online. I might try one of these. I could probably only fit 1/4 to 1/2 a sign maybe.

Old Wombat

Or you could just go with the symbol, without any writing? ;)

Ramba

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 06, 2019, 04:37:52 AM
Or you could just go with the symbol, without any writing? ;)

My color printer died on me and can only print black. Here is one of the biohazard signs scaled down and applied to the wall. I trimmed it to fit the broken sign. I just need to weather it now. I will weather it the same time I do the brick wall.

I haven't gotten much further on the dio base as I have been working on another 1/35 figure. I am using the Cross Delta MARPAT desert digital camo decal. This is where I am at the moment. I still have to apply the camo decals around the knee pads. The skin tone, head, vest, pouches, gloves and boots will get painted when I finish the decals.

Old Wombat

Ramba

I started decaling another figure. Look at this pile of decal backing paper for just two 1/35 figures. I am not even done decaling them yet. I still need to finish the two arms shown and around the knee pads on both figures. Not sure where these two figures are going just yet. My plan is to have the one kneeling giving cover fire for the one running.

JayBee

Why did you just not paint them freehand?
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Ramba

Quote from: JayBee on September 07, 2019, 12:51:50 PM
Why did you just not paint them freehand?

As tedious as it is to apply decals on a 1/35 figure, it is actually easier for me than having to paint it. I am just not that good at painting camo so decals it is.

nighthunter

Here's an idea, use the base with the corner. Have the kneeling soldier at the corner while the running soldier is running past?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Ramba

Quote from: salt6 on September 07, 2019, 05:18:38 PM
This might help with the hazard signs.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=features&file=view&artid=124
Thanks for the link and tutorial. I had already scaled it down and printed out. I used CA glue to paste it to the resin and then gloss coated over the paper. Unfortunately my color printer only prints black so the sign will be a worn out and faded sign. It is post apoc dio anyway.

Ramba

Quote from: nighthunter on September 08, 2019, 04:40:24 PM
Here's an idea, use the base with the corner. Have the kneeling soldier at the corner while the running soldier is running past?
Those figures in the camo aren't going on this dio base. I was just showing the progress of them while I also work on the dio base at the same time.

These are the actual figures going on the base. They are Black Dog Stalker figures. I switched out the weapons though. One had a M134 minigun and the other had a flamethrower. I actually put the flamethrower back but didn't take a photo yet.

Rick Lowe

Looking good, nice to see the work in progress.

Using transfers for the cam is certainly easier, especially with the way everyone is going digital these days.
Painting can be done, but it's fraught and usually approached with a good deal of trepidation. It took me (literally) 20 years to get the gumption to have a go, and that was only Brit 70's pattern DPM.
The more modern stuff I leave alone!

The oil drum looks great!  :thumbsup:

Also nice to see some G-3s being used - that's something that doesn't get enough love IMHO, and it's something different from all the endless M4 family you see everywhere.

Ramba

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 14, 2019, 01:54:05 PM
Looking good, nice to see the work in progress.

Using transfers for the cam is certainly easier, especially with the way everyone is going digital these days.
Painting can be done, but it's fraught and usually approached with a good deal of trepidation. It took me (literally) 20 years to get the gumption to have a go, and that was only Brit 70's pattern DPM.
The more modern stuff I leave alone!

The oil drum looks great!  :thumbsup:

Also nice to see some G-3s being used - that's something that doesn't get enough love IMHO, and it's something different from all the endless M4 family you see everywhere.

Thank you! Only the one on the right will have the G3. The one on the left originally had a flamethrower but I will put the flamethrower back on.

My hand painting camo skills are terrible. I can't even paint BDU woodland pattern by hand so no way would I be able to hand paint digital MARPAT or even the multicam pattern. This was my attempt at BDU woodland, not very good.