1/35 Guntruck

Started by silverwindblade, September 14, 2019, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverwindblade

I'd been planning this one for a while, and after finally having all the parts, I decided to make a go of it.
The base was the Italeri 1/35 'Hillbilly Guntruck'.
I didn't use the .50 in the back, instead I used the parts to put the cab gun ring on, and modified the rear box to accomodate more guns and gunners vietnam style, and added a few other little flourishes from my parts box. The 25mm Bushmaster comes from the 'Anti Aircraft Weapons' set, which was a bargain find at a model show a while back. The miniguns are Legend Productions ones. I wasn't patient enough skilled enough to attach the ammo belts, so they'll have to do without in the meantime xD
Stowage is a mixture of all sorts; Tamiya, Meng, and Dragon for some of the small arms.
I added in various small-arms and bits of stowage to make it look 'in use', and weathered it a fair bit too. My first time using the hairspray technique on the armoured box for the OD sections of steel. I also used oils - just a cheap set from The Works - to do some washes, and I'm really pleased with the results. I'll have to acquire more paints when I am solvent again.
No back story for this one as yet, just a fun project I'd wanted to do for a while. Enjoy, and please feel free to leave feedback.

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

scooter

Looks like one we could have had in Iraq. :thumbsup:

Quote from: silverwindblade on September 14, 2019, 02:08:25 PMI wasn't patient enough skilled enough to attach the ammo belts, so they'll have to do without in the meantime xD

The "excuse" you could use is this particular truck was modeled inside the wire.  All weapons, including crew served, were unloaded once the convoy cleared the last checkpoint into the FOB.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kerick

I was at Baghdad Int Airport and I never saw so many trucks in my life! And I never saw so many trucks in my life with 50 cals mounted! The gun trucks appeared after my time there. Yours looks great! Nice work on the obstacle ramming device.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

:thumbsup:

The wooden flooring in the last photo looks particularly well done.  Nice job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Good grief, it's a Land Gunship! :o :wacko: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :cheers:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 15, 2019, 04:04:38 AM
Good grief, it's a Land Gunship! :o :wacko: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :cheers:
Now you've got me thinking.  Put all the guns on one side of the truck and then trap the enemy in the middle of a roundabout... ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

JayBee

Quote from: zenrat on September 15, 2019, 04:34:23 AM
Now you've got me thinking.  Put all the guns on one side of the truck and then trap the enemy in the middle of a roundabout... ;D
:thumbsup: :wub: ROTFLMAO !
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kerick

Quote from: JayBee on September 15, 2019, 07:46:18 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 15, 2019, 04:34:23 AM
:thumbsup: :wub: ROTFLMAO !

LOL 😂
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: salt6 on September 16, 2019, 08:31:14 AM
How did you power the mini-guns?

PV1s (E-1s) with handcranks? :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

silverwindblade

Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Sure looks the business.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on September 14, 2019, 05:39:07 PM
The wooden flooring in the last photo looks particularly well done.  Nice job.

Second that, it's looking great.  :thumbsup: