G

Hawker P1216

Started by Geoff_B, January 03, 2005, 12:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Well as work on this project seems to have gone OK over chrimbo i thought i would give you guys a preview and ask for ideas. The basic model is assembled and in primer with just elements such as Undercarriage, doors, exhausts and Pylons to sort out (the mundane stuff really)

Now the question is what service and what scheme, RAF or FAA (Sorry but this is a British subject and will wear UK decals - subsequent versions from joes production can be whatever you fancy).

Yes Joe wants a 2nd example for casting purposes, where all the components are seperate allowing for some of the other variants (over 50 !!) to be created, VG, Twin engine (none VTOL), two seaters, different booms etc.

Geoff B B)

Ollie

Awesome Geoff!!

What about the pretty markings a Sea Harrier had last year, with the red drawing on top of the wing?  Or all-blue?  I don't remember the squadron...

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Davey B

Hmm, for the first one, I'd say bog-standard RAF Harrier GR.5/7 scheme from the late 80s/early 90s, but with squadron anniversary markings  ;)

Gorgerous job, Geoff!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Captain Canada

Wow, Geoff.....you rule !

How do you do it ? And so quickly as well !

:wub:

I like the FAA idea. EDSG from a carrier around 1983.

Or is that too early ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

:wub:  that's looking great Thor, what about the dark green/lichen green early Harrier GR.5 scheme?

Gary

Desert Storm Pink
NATO exercize snow over base grey/green
Red White and Blue (is that rasberry Ripple?) for the RAF test facility
Blue splinter over pale blue with low vis roundels
I'll have two when they're cast
Grey over grey
FAA dk blue grey over pale grey with suitable carrier tail markings
US Marines colours
and last but not least,
delicious leafy roundels
Getting back into modeling

John Howling Mouse

Oh my Gort-----that is phenomenal: what scale?

As for schemes, there's nothing that won't look phenomenal on that bird---RAF or otherwise!

When you get to the Joe-casted ones, I'd go for Swedish splinter camo style scheme c/w Swedish markings (perhaps your VTOL was so successful, the Swedes gave up their use of automobile roadways as runways program?).

Looking very cool!   ;)

You are definitely the king of kitbashing in my books!

-_-
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

Folks, you are missing the point, Geoff asked
QuoteRAF or FAA (Sorry but this is a British subject and will wear UK decals - subsequent versions from joes production can be whatever you fancy).

:cheers:  :tornado:  

Tophe

QuoteWork on this project seems to have gone OK over chrimbo. The basic model is assembled
Geoff B B)
Wonderful model!
I have loved discovering this project in Tony Buttler's book "British Secret Projects 1", but I thought it would be impossible to have such supersonic twin-boomer as a plastic model... Do you mean there is such a kit-project in UK thanks to Airfix or Matchbox? Or do you speak of the machine-project, Geoff? Your model is so wonderfully made, I cannot believe this is scratch built, no it must be professional, with tools unavailable for enthusiasts like us...
Anyway, thanks a lot for celebrating this plane. I regret it has not been selected instead of the Typhoon...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Supertom

I'd say go for the green/green scheme that the GR/5's had, that would give the 1216 a mean streak.

So Joe's making some resin copies of it?  I'd really like a copy in that case.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

NARSES2

Great model Geoff - and I want one when it's cast.

As for scheme how about RAF temporary artic scheme for Norwegian excercises, like Harriers carry ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

elmayerle

You already know I'll be wanting one or more copies of it.  ;)
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Geoff_B

Its 1/72 scale JHM, but the theory could be applied to 1/48 scale as the bits i used are from mainly a Eurofighter Typhoon and a Hercules droptank and alot of plastic card & filler !!!!!. As you can see from the components photo below Tophe it is a scratch build and if we get a kit it will be from TsrJoe's Spot-On productions as this aircraft never got father than the wind tunnel models and a mock up.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Alvis 3.1

Oh...........
My.............
GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me wanna..me wanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Alvis 3.1

Geoff_B

QuoteOh...........
My.............
GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me wanna..me wanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Alvis 3.1
Oh i don't know Alvis, i'm pretty sure you could produce your own version no problem if you set your mind to it and have the bits available  :D