The F-35 replacement

Started by McColm, September 26, 2019, 11:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 30, 2019, 04:53:05 AM
I know all about systems integration from my previous life on the railways.  I was involved with Systems Review for Railtrack's West Coast Route Modernisation project - running Pendelino tilting trains from London to Manchester.

You and Kit should get together  ;)

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 29, 2019, 01:19:06 PM

It's not that simple as numerous factors influence development time, one of the highest
impact being engineering changes caused by the customer changing requirements, such
as adding features, sometimes scope creep as to role, etc.

The more I read about modern military design requirements this seems to be a far to common, causing a lot of the problems and delay.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I know all about systems integration from my previous life on the railways.  I was involved with Systems Review for Railtrack's West Coast Route Modernisation project - running Pendelino tilting trains from London to Manchester.

Ahah, so it's YOUR fault!  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Gentlemen,  getting back to the subject of will replace the Lockheed F-35? Will it revert back to a fixed wing  or will we get the promised Mach2 V/STOL  :banghead:

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

Quote from: kerick on September 30, 2019, 06:33:38 PM
Will it even have a pilot?
Probably a bloke in a shed flying a joystick and watching monitors.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 30, 2019, 11:00:26 AM

Ahah, so it's YOUR fault!  ;)

Why do you think i'm 12,000 miles away?
:mellow:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..