Main Menu

Telford 2019

Started by NARSES2, September 28, 2019, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Will be there both days.  Have a rough idea of what I'll be bringing with me.

As for purchases, to be honest I'm not desperate for anything.  Mulling over a couple or three from the following:Airfix Bristol Bulldog, Mosquito, Demon and a Jetstream (if the repops are out, second-hand prices seem a higher than new!); FROG Skyhawk; Hasegawa F-104.  All for whifs bar the Demon.

Purchases to be offset by some stash reductions, details soon.

I wonder how the Demon/Jetstream 'vintage' releases will affect second-hand prices?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Will have to have an S&M MUSTARD or three depending on the price and depending on whether it's actually available...

Other than that, unless there's someone selling replacement/upgraded modelling mojos, I don't want much. Some Marineflieger F-104 decals, or a cheap kit with those markings, would be nice for the Airfix Buccaneer that should be showing up in the next 45 minutes...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Well last year I didn't want much and ended up with my First Wingnut Wings kit  ;D

Mainly tools and accessories, but you never know what our Central/Eastern European friends will have new to tempt us with  :thumbsup: Just hoping they are all there ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on September 30, 2019, 03:15:52 AM
Will have to have an S&M MUSTARD or three depending on the price and depending on whether it's actually available...

Other than that, unless there's someone selling replacement/upgraded modelling mojos, I don't want much. Some Marineflieger F-104 decals, or a cheap kit with those markings, would be nice for the Airfix Buccaneer that should be showing up in the next 45 minutes...

AND a cheap old Buccaneer kit with the long RAF/MARTEL pylons in it.... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Nick

Quote from: Weaver on October 01, 2019, 05:51:27 AM

Would the old Matchbox S.2B kit work for this?
I have one I might be prepared to part with... or maybe just the pylons?

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2019, 03:06:29 PM

How much do you want for the kit and are you coming to Telford?

DM me if you want.

- Indiana Jones

kitbasher

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2019, 03:06:29 PM

IIRC the Matchbox Bucc came without stores of any kind, so no pylons.
In fact I'm sure it came with nothing cos I used a C Scale (I think) stores set to add drop tanks, an ALQ-101 and a Sidewinder.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

The box is still sealed in the original cellophane  :thumbsup: so I haven't checked it. But looking on https://modelingmadness.com/review/viet/previews/Matchbox/pk106.htm it appears that you are right, there are no pylons or stores.

I might still let it go for about £15, that seems to be the online rate.

Weaver

Ah well no pylons kinda defeats the object of the exercise, so I'll pass. Thanks for the offer though. :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Got my new membership card this morning  :thumbsup: Doubles as entrance ticket.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 08, 2019, 06:10:51 AM

Got my new membership card this morning  :thumbsup: Doubles as entrance ticket.

Ditto.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

[quote author=kitbasher link=topic=46926.msg857379#msg857379 date=1570345563
IIRC the Matchbox Bucc came without stores of any kind, so no pylons.
In fact I'm sure it came with nothing cos I used a C Scale (I think) stores set to add drop tanks, an ALQ-101 and a Sidewinder.
[/quote]

Indeed it did Kitbasher. There were several C-Scale kits for RAF/FAA Buccaneers issued.

Btw, I can help you out with a Hasegawa 1/72 F-104 if you still want one. I'd be happy to swap it at SMW for something from your stashsale. PM me if you need to.
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

You heard it here first:

Airfix
Considers the air display scene and getting the most of its moulds.  Announces a 1/48 Lysander III and a 1/72 Buccaneer S2B in RAF/SAAF markings.  Might release the much requested 1/24 Vulcan but probably won't.  11 a.m. Saturday big news is that they've changed their minds about releasing their 1/12 Anne Widdecombe kit now they know what Italeri are planning.

Italeri
New 1/12 figure series for 2020 'Italian Icons' kicks off with 'The Ages of Sophia Loren' set of four kits.  Men of a certain age go into meltdown, internet breaks. Increased wifely supervision at SMW 2020.

Hasegawa
Releases new 1/72 Mistsubishi A5M Claude at knock down price of £75 a kit.  Rave reviews in the magazines snd forums.  Most modellers wait a couple of years and scoop them up for a fiver from Collectakit.  Japanese economy falters.

More news tomorrow.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on October 12, 2019, 12:23:55 AM

Italeri
New 1/12 figure series for 2020 'Italian Icons' kicks off with 'The Ages of Sophia Loren' set of four kits.  Men of a certain age go into meltdown, internet breaks. Increased wifely supervision at SMW 2020.

Only 4 ? One for the aftermarket people could be a resin face for her expression when Peter Sellers introduced her to Spike Milligan  ;) ;D

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on October 12, 2019, 12:23:55 AM
You heard it here first:

Airfix
Considers the air display scene and getting the most of its moulds.  Announces a 1/48 Lysander III and a 1/72 Buccaneer S2B in RAF/SAAF markings.  Might release the much requested 1/24 Vulcan but probably won't.  11 a.m. Saturday big news is that they've changed their minds about releasing their 1/12 Anne Widdecombe kit now they know what Italeri are planning.

Italeri

Hasegawa
Releases new 1/72 Mistsubishi A5M Claude at knock down price of £75 a kit.  Rave reviews in the magazines snd forums.  Most modellers wait a couple of years and scoop them up for a fiver from Collectakit.  Japanese economy falters.

More news tomorrow.

Just in:

Heller
In the wake if the Airfix 'Vintage' initiative, Heller announces repops of out-of-production kits that British modellers would sell their houses for.  Sadly the 'Brexit Range' will only be available in the EU.

Eduard 
Eduard adds to Profipack and Weekend Edition boxings with a series of easy build kits under the 'Commute' tag.